Looking for 1989 OMC 4.3 Cobra Trim Pump

geoooo

Cadet
With the help of this forum and a mechanic I sort of trust, I'm pretty sure I need a trim pump or at least a rebuild kit. My engine model# is 432APRMED.

I'm finding numbers on the internet like 986278, 985846, 912018, 986960, 3850033 (Volvo x-ref I think) for the pump (and apparently comes with manifold and motor too), and I can't find an o-ring kit at all.

What # should I be looking at? And is there such a thing as a rebuild kit for the pump?

TIA

LR28

Cadet
Re: Looking for 1989 OMC 4.3 Cobra Trim Pump

Check Ebay, has been a lot of trim pumps for sale lately. Probably your cheapest route.

geoooo

Cadet

Thanks for the reply. Yes I'm watching eBay, and almost all of the pump/motor assemblies are configured at a right angle, while mine is not. That's where I got some of the part numbers, while I got the first number from a dealer.

Most of the eBay posts say or imply, "One size fits all" but I don't think so, not with right-angle thing going.

I'm kind of more interested in a pump rebuild kit, but can't seem to find one.

Anyway, sorry for rambling. I'll just keep on it.

thx

LR28

Cadet

Yeah, I ended up with one of the right angle ones and it works fine. The mounting holes don't line up so you gotta do what you gotta do. Also, the wiring on mine was different so I had to cut off the connectors and hard wire it in with solder and heat shrink. Plenty of wiring there in case I ever have to take it out and reinstall.