Looking at a 2003 Alumacraft 145 LTD - Opinions and a question

jeep8589

Cadet
I am looking at buying a 2003 Alumacraft 145 LTD with a 30hp Johnson. Anyone have any experience with this boat, and opinions on buying it. Also, there are, what appear to be, storage compartments on the sides, in the rear. However, when you look at them, there is a livewell, that takes up about a third of one side, but there is no way to get access to interior of those spaces. Is that the way the boat is made, or did someone replace the wood on top, and just did not bother to put the access panels on top? It seems like a huge waste of space, especially when it is such small boat, and could use more storage.

64osby

Admiral
If they are sealed compartments it could be where the mfg has placed flotation foam. Just one of those items needed to keep the hull off the bottom of the lake.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Those are floatation compartments and are filled with foam. Alumacraft is a good boat. I've owned a couple of them.

fishin98

Chief Petty Officer
Is it a tiller or side console? The boxes in the stern are filled with flotation foam. Alumacraft are good boats, I'm redoing a 1988 Lunker 14V at the moment. I'll be on the water next Friday, down here in Winter Haven Fla.