Looking at a 1978 Wellcraft Sun Yacht 255

Status
Not open for further replies.

kleake

Seaman Apprentice
I ran across this deal and am torn. I really like the boat, and it has great potential, and for it's age is in really great shape. What I know it needs is 1. Engine work, it runs, but per the owner it has a knock,, possibly rod or lifter, but I haven't heard it. They did have it out over the weekend though. 2. The rear cabin wall will need repair or replaced. It's showing decent rot at a couple of edges, but for it's age, it's not terrible. 3. The rest is mostly cosmetic or just general updating. It does have several new seats and updates already completed, but will need more. The hull is in good shape overall and from what I could tell, all of the fiberglass was in great shape.

Let me know what you would think it is worth, and "if" it would be worth fixing up.

26-open-bow-sport-cabin-cruiser_r0f4s.jpg

cl1.bmp

cl2.bmp

cl3.bmp

cl4.bmp

kleake

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Looking at a 1978 Wellcraft Sun Yacht 255

No input? Anyone?

skargo

Banned

I love that boat, but am partial to 1978 Wellcrafts!
I would check for further rot at the very least.

kleake

Seaman Apprentice

I like the boat as well,,,, I think it has alot of "Character". My biggest thing is I don't want to get into something that is going to cost me alot of money, and not get anything in return when/if I decide to sell. I can't seem to find much information about it, like which drive it has, and any detailed specs and such.

skargo

Banned

I don't know but I would love that boat!

jbcurt00

Staff member
Mike,
Its been 2.5yrs since kleake even logged on to iboats. Not likely to get or reply to your question.

Please dont post in topics that havent had any activity in the last 90days.

Thanks

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.