Look out New York..Wa State is after your Record

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Look out New York..Wa State is after your Record

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> You folks out in Wa can thank Tim Eyeman for that.<br /><br />After he managed to get all the tab revenue eliminated, they decimated public transportation.
Yeah, like I really wanted my outrageous annual license tab fees to go toward public transportation, health care for the poooooooooor and a whole host of other things that had absolutely nothing to do with roads.<br /><br />IMO if 100% of the license fee had gone to roads, Tim Eyman's initiative would never have passed.

Link

Rear Admiral

Im with you Boomyal<br />Just like the lottery was supposed to go straight to education. hahaha ScrewDrivered again.<br /><br />However Boomyal there is one "Good Guy" in Olympia Mike Carroll Nice guy who actually thinks he works for the people! Imagine that! <br />He also voted against the gas tax.<br />That aside. He doesnt care where you live. Just call or email him and he WILL get back to you.<br />A couple years ago when running for election here in Lakewood the (Dems) (Lakewood city council) changed districks on him (without telling him) and wanted to fine him $100.00 per day per sign.<br />He and his wife.. moved all signs.. not paid people.. they did that themselves... and when he won.. they "Him and his wife" stapeled thank you on all of the signs.. he only lives 10 minutes from me.. but so do HollyWeirds.. crap cant remember her name.. she was married to Yannie.. oh yea.. Linda Evens... 7 minutes away.. delivered her Bayliner in 1989.. Gravity Lake.. doubled gated community.. One card to get into it and another to inter her house.. run down to say the least.. A friend of mine got the contract 1.5 Millon to build the sound studio.. for Yannie..<br />I dont know if Ive speld Yannie correct.. but thats what happened here

PW2

Commander

You would not need the roads if you improved, rather than destroy, public transportation.<br /><br />And if anyone, anywhere, really wants to actually reduce dependence on foreign oil, instead of just complaining about it, they would champion measures to reduce demand and consumption, rather than measures than promote increased consumption.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> You would not need the roads if you improved, rather than destroy, public transportation.<br /><br />And if anyone, anywhere, really wants to actually reduce dependence on foreign oil, instead of just complaining about it, they would champion measures to reduce demand and consumption, rather than measures than promote increased consumption.
Dont know what you mean by destroying public transportation. (Maybe I missed something)<br />PT in this area is going strong. The buses Mrs.Link and my fishing partner use between Lakewood and Olympia and Seattle are packed daily.<br />Where I do see a problem with PT is all these in city buses running routes @ 4-6 MPG with three or four people on board. Now I will admit that if I had to depend on PT to commute I might have another take on this. <br />But I agree we should look at other alternatives for fuel. R&D should have started 50 years ago on that. I'm talking about for real and not the lip service we have been getting. At the very least we should be using BioDiesel engines by now.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> You would not need the roads if you improved, rather than destroy, public transportation.
Did it ever occur to you PW, that we don't want public transportation. Why is it that you leftist progressives always think we need to be removed from our independant means of transportation and stuffed into public transit like a bunch of obedient comrades?<br /><br />It's just part of the bigger plan to destroy American individualism which you cannot have when you have a State that wants to control what you do, how you do it, when you do it, where you do it and what you think about it.<br /><br />Case in point, Al Gore rails against the internal combustion engine as he rides around in his Suburbans. Kind of like the private dachas for the elite while the peons grovel in the dirt.

Link

Rear Admiral

Ok you guys in Wisconsin win for the moment but as soon our folks in Olympia find out we arn't paying as much you they will change it ;)

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Link:<br /> Ok you guys in Wisconsin win for the moment but as soon our folks in Olympia find out we arn't paying as much you they will change it ;)
it hurts to admit it Link .. it does .. I just wanted to ignore it but couldn't :D <br /><br />you know I believe I saw a figure somewhere that read PA has a 35.9 cent diesel tax ... anyone know about this?

PW2

Commander

You don't have to use the public transportation. And there are lots of people out there that must rely on public transpotation---They've maintained the high traffic busy routes and times, but cut the off hours routes.<br /><br />Now I know all of you rightists don't care about anyone but yourself, but people like my daughter, who would potentially like to live and work in Seattle, but must rely on public transport and enjoys a notion of indendence herself finds it more and more difficult, if not impossible, to get around at off hours and weekends..<br /><br />And she pays taxes too. Why should she subsidize your independent lifestyle. You can continue to drive all you want. She does not have that choice. And there are lots of others just like her. But instead of spending billions of dollars to expand and enlarge roads, when clearly that is not a sustainable plan, why not spend some of that money on effective transportation that makes it attractive for people to park their cars.<br /><br />You can continue to drive all you want, you just have to pay the price and stop complaining.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> You can continue to drive all you want, you just have to pay the price and stop complaining.
I would expect nothing less of those who would like/need to ride public transit.