FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I'm replacing the toons on my 24' Harris. I can get a deal on 25 ' new toons. What would be the best way to position them? The extra 1 foot out the front, back, or split the difference?
If all you are talking about is a foot difference in length I would say place the new pontoon where it looks the best the best.
Don't get me wrong as there is probably lots of reasons to either place it ahead or behind when it comes to weight distribution but it realy comes down to looks.
Do you want a foot hanging out the front or the back.
Thanks guys...I guess I'll see how the brackets line up. I'm leaning towards shifting them towards the back if possible. Also worried about spray off the front if they are too far forward.
You will be more likely to get water over the bow if you shift them toward the stern. Remember that you may have several people sitting up front so you don't want the bow too low.
It's all about balance. Split the difference. To much up front and the bow rides high to much out back and the stern rides high. Splitting keeps a balanced passenger area.