Long time, and maybe longer still!

aspeck

Staff member
Man, I miss you guys and gals! My ISP went down and they are doing 100K repairs that are hoping to be complete by the end of May! Till then I am basically stuck with just email. Maybe we will be able to do something different before then.<br /><br />All is well in Ghana, we are busy and jsut had our second Graduation. That was exciting.<br /><br />Now I am excited because "she who must be obeyed" and the littlest aspeck are coming over - will be here Wednesday night! YEAH!<br /><br />Miss you all! Have a happy Easter.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Long time, and maybe longer still!

Greetings, Aspek! It's great to see one more of my old buds are still here on forum, and not lost to the eather od cyberspace.

Spidybot

Lieutenant Commander

Hi down there,<br /><br />Sorry about your ISP. If your market is like ours, getting an alternative shouldn't take long or cost much.<br /><br />A working telephone line and a modem and you're ON!

FLATHEAD

Captain

Good to hear from you Aspeck. All is well here in good old Pa. Have a nice easter.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey aspeck, glad to hear from ya.<br />Man that sux about the isp, but I'm sure something will get done.<br /><br />Have a nice Easter.

aspeck

Staff member

UU, I wish it were that easy here - no hard line phone. Since the ISP can't get to me now, I have to try to get to it. Will be trying a more powerful digital radio phone next week (about $2,000). Maybe it will work. Got to do something for the internet portion of the school, even though we can't afford it. Wish one of the big corps would decide to give us a satelite dish and uplink equipment. That would be a real big boast to the operation here! I can always dream and pray, right?<br /><br />Am at a communications center now and have to run.

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

"going to try a more powerful digital radio phone..."<br />Any way you could try a much better antenna first? Antennas deliver a lot of bang for your buck in improved performance, both receiving and transmitting. I have no idea what the setup there is, just thought I'd chime in. I semi routinely work a repeater 110 miles away on the 70 cm UHF ham band with my home made antenna and my 2 watt FM walkie talkie. <br />Hope you get something better going soon.

Carphunter

Commander

'speck!!!!! How ya been brother?<br /><br />Nice to hear from you again!<br /><br />(At least UK won one more game then my Cards........right) ;) <br /><br />Stay safe over there. :)