Long term Goals (Iraq)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
You know, I like to analyize long term goals of peoples actions.<br /><br />I would like someone to tell me what the long term goals of these Iraq insurgents?<br /><br />Do they really think we will leave?<br /><br />Do they really think they can win?<br /><br />Or are they just idiots that know nothing but war and cant see the long term effects of blowing up their own country?<br /><br />Ken

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Long term Goals (Iraq)

I suspect that they are simply eaten up by hate and want to kill with no thought to consequences or goals.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by JB:<br /> I suspect that they are simply eaten up by hate and want to kill with no thought to consequences or goals.
BINGO They know nothing but hate and to kill, period.<br />It is pounded into them from day one.<br />They know nothing else.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br /> Do they really think we will leave?
If they look back in history for lessons (Vietnam), If they listen to the Democrats drone on today, I'd say yes. At least they think there is a chance. Problem is, if by what the Ted Kennedys, et al, give them any hope, more of our guys will continue to die. Thank You Teddy! :mad:

ebbtide176

Commander

they are brainwashed - bound by religious decree to spread islam & islam only across the earth, and to have no mercy, nor even attempt to convert the non-islamic, but to wipe them from the earth. and in taking up this jihad/holy war, they will have great blessings in the afterlife, with 70virgins as dessert... <br /><br />but i think it basically boils down to exactly what JB wrote, since they are taught this from a young age. JMO<br /><br />kinda like a rabid dog, not much ability to reason with them, unfortunately... maybe the only diff is that other moslems can unite to stomp out this scourge from within their ranks. probably not. and that's why being PC sure isn't a very good option either.<br /><br />(amended)oops, i was thinking of the AlQauda types, the extremists, the foreigners over there simply to take their jihad there.<br /><br />on the iraqi insurgents - yep, what JB said. :)

rolmops

Vice Admiral

A good look at their history will show you that they kicked the crusaders out of Jerusalem(Salah e Din was from Mosul)they kicked the Turks and the British out and lately they gave Iran something to think about. So yes they think that America has less appetite for war than they do.<br />The first rule in succesful warfare is to know and understand your enemy and I very much hope that our generals asked themselves exactly this sort of question

cmyers_uk

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Having crushed the army quickly we are left fighting terrorists their ranks are being filled by foreign fighers coming in they have no fear of dying and willing to sacrifice themselves to take an soldier with them. <br /><br />Their perception is that if you kill soldiers the public opinion will turn and they will go look at Somalia for recent example of this. <br /><br />Are they right? only time will tell UK has said we are there until 2006 at the moment whats the US view?

18rabbit

Captain

>>Do they really think we will leave? YES. <br /><br />>>Do they really think they can win? YES.<br /><br />>>Or are they just idiots that know nothing but war and cant see the long term effects of blowing up their own country?<br /><br /> This may surprise you, which wars in the last century were successful? Which ones weren’t?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Sadly, this is how the world really is in most lands outside of our country.<br />Before 9/11/01, we were oblivious to this. The really sad part is, that many Americans still are clueless, and thinki thier way of life is not threatened, hated, or under siege, when it clearly is. Perhaps another in-country attack on the scale of 9/11 will wake more of them up..I'm sure it will. But not all. Atpathy kills, y'all. Support your troops.