Local Grandma Shoots Intruder - just saw it on the news

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
She called 911 when she saw him - the shooting was captured on the tape. This lady has a concealed carry permit and training, and ain't afraid to use it!<br /><br />
<br />Arlington Grandma Shoots Intruder, Police Suspect<br /><br />Nov 9, 2005 3:45 pm US/Central<br /><br />A 66-year-old woman shot an intruder who she found hiding in her home.<br /><br />The man, 22-year-old Christopher Lessner, had just fled from police after being pulled over for speeding on Interstate 30. He fled along a creek bottom and eventually scrambled into the woman’s backyard on Northhaven Court. <br /><br />The intruder tried to break into the house at least twice. There were muddy hand and foot prints on the back of a Suburban parked in the carport. Lessner apparently grabbed onto the back of the car port, got himself up onto the house and tried to break in through a second story window. When that didn't work, he apparently walked along the top of the roof then jumped into the backyard and then ended up kicking in the back door.<br /><br />Once inside, Lessner hid in a front room closet. Little did he know, Buxton, a concealed handgun license owner, would find him. <br /><br />According to reports, when Susan Buxton found the man she told him to “lay down and stay still” as she held her handgun drawn. <br /><br />“He ignored her and tried to grab the gun and even then she didn't shoot, she just backed away and told him again “lay down, be still or I will shoot,” said Shelly Bugenis, Buxton’s daughter said. <br /><br />Lessner darted from the home after Buxton shot him in the leg. He later was found hiding on a nearby balcony. <br /><br />Lessner is recovering at Harris Methodist Hospital. Officials say he faces charges of unauthorized use of a motor vehicle, evading arrest, criminal mischief and criminal trespass. <br /><br />Arlington police do not anticipate filing charges against Buxton

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: Local Grandma Shoots Intruder - just saw it on the news

Way to go granny!!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Dunaruna:<br /> Way to go granny!!
Now Aldo, fess up, aren't you envious that Granny had the ability to protect herself??? :p ;) :D

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

You go Granny!!!!<br /><br />AK Chappy

Dunaruna

Admiral

Yes, I'm glad she was armed and had the training to defend herself. No, I'm not envious.<br /><br />You've been ichin' to debate this - O/K.<br /><br />Dockside at noon, you & me. Keep it civil.<br /><br />I'll even let you start the thread :p

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

That's the way to go Granny! You show 'em how to take care of things!!<br />Bassy

SoulWinner

Commander

Sounds like my little Dee. Way to go granny! I just think she did two things wrong. First she didn't shoot him when he went for the gun. Second, she didn't kill him. When you wound 'em in the leg, that just slows 'em down for the head shot!

QC

Supreme Mariner

Boomer and Aldo,<br /><br />Who's noon? I want to get this in my calendar and get a good seat. I'll even keep my fingers off the keyboard.

KaGee

Admiral

Ha! She missed! Good thing for him Grannies eye sight isn't what it used to be. She was really aiming for the third leg. :D