Living in 2004

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You know you're living in 2004 when... <br /> <br />1. You accidentally enter your password on the microwave. <br />2. You haven't played solitaire with real cards in years. <br />3. You have a list of 15 phone numbers to reach your family of 3. <br />4. You e-mail the person who works at the desk next to you. <br />5. Your reason for not staying in touch with friends is that they don't have e-mail addresses. <br />6. When you go home after a long day at work you still answer the phone in a business manner. <br />7. When you make phone calls from home, you accidentally dial "9" to get an outside line. <br />8. You've sat at the same desk for four years and worked for three different companies. <br />10. You learn about your redundancy on the 11 o'clock news. <br />11. Your boss doesn't have the ability to do your job. <br />12. Contractors outnumber permanent staff and are more likely to get long-service awards. <br /><br />AND THE REAL CLINCHERS ARE... <br />13. You read this entire list, and kept nodding and smiling. <br />14. As you read this list, you think about forwarding it to your "friends." <br />15. You got this email from a friend that never talks to you anymore, except to send you jokes from the net. <br />16. You are too busy to notice there was no #9 <br /><br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br /><br />..<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />.17. You actually scrolled back up to check that there wasn't a #9. <br />AND NOW YOU'RE LAUGHING at yourself!!

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Living in 2004

Hey SBN,<br /> Did those aliens give you the gift of second sight?<br /> As I was reading your post I had to look over my shoulder to see if you were there. :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

So right! I can relate to those.<br />Bassy

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

One of the best lists I have seen.<br /><br />I seldom forward stuff to friends but this one will make the cut.<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Parrott_head

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

#6.......I occasionally answer "Campbells Insane Asylum" or "Welcome to the Campbell Asylum, Your Call Is Important To Us"...when I get home. Lovely Bride is frazzled..Kids are Wild..Dog is in hiding. :D

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

#9? #9? Num-ber ny-ine!<br /><br />Because i'm still living in the 70's