Literature/Books

Walleye King

Seaman
Any reccomendations to what I should purchase for rebuilding/fixing/just get running for an '82 120 mercruiser I/O?<br /><br />Seen a few books and was wondering without buying 10 different ones only to find out I got the wrong ones. Don't have an owners manual either.<br /><br />Thanks!

rage

Seaman
Re: Literature/Books

First off you want to go and get a service manual for your drivetrain. Most boat stores sell these, I prefer boatUS since they have a larger selection (at least where i am at). Then youll want to grab "runabout renovation". Great book that covers alot of areas. Also pick up "fiberglass boat repair manual" for the more intricate fiber repairs. These should make your lif alot easier.

Walleye King

Seaman
Re: Literature/Books

Well I got the Clymonds Stern Drive shop manual today. And there is info on everything from how to run the boat to storing it for the winter.<br /><br />Now for the other 2 that you mentioned, 6 boat stores, and 2 book stores in this area nothing like that at all! I will find them online, just a matter which is better.<br /><br />Thanks! Appreciate the info!