List of onboard supplies

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: List of onboard supplies

Also know what kind of fuses you might need, I carry a variety 5-30amp pack in the glove box of the boat too.

Woodnaut

Chief Petty Officer

you'll be glad you have an EPIRB ... and although it has already been mentioned, I'll say it again ... plenty of water ...

I venture into the Gulf on good days and carry a pair of PLBs (very similar to EPIRB) and plenty of water. Good judgement and good maintenance are the two best things you can have onboard.

Bass-by-you

Seaman

Well....................you have all taught me that I am no where near ready to go to sea. I have a lot of stuff to put together. I really appreciate all the input.:)

Thanks,
Phil

ksgoldman

Cadet

I would add the following to your list:
(1) Rescue Tape or Atomic Tape (it's self-fusing silicone tape that is waterproof, heat resistant, and can fix a lot of things that you can't fix with duct tape or electrical tape). www.rescuetape.com or www.atomictape.com.
(2) An assortment of wooden plugs and a mallet (in case a thru-hull fitting breaks)
(3) A nerf football or a truplug (www.truplug.com) to plug a bigger leak in the hull.
(4) Several wire coat hangers (if you can find plastic-coated hangers - even better). They come in very handy when you have to jury-rig stuff.
(5) A block of wood (in case you need to change the prop).
(6) A 12 volt test-light (works better than a volt meter for some things)
(7) Stainless steel seizing wire
(8) Several rigging knives (cheap insurance if you need to cut your way out of something)
(9) A multi-tool (like a Leatherman) - just handy to have any time
(10) A camping headlight (the kind that straps on your head and allows you to work hands-free in the dark)
(11) Regular flashlight
(12) Zip ties / wire ties (come in handy for lots of stuff).

I'm a big believer in "murphy's law". Good luck!

Bass-by-you

Seaman

Thank you...I've not heard of No. 7 before what is it and what is it used for?