Lift pump out/lift pump timeout

RiverRat96

Recruit
Hello, I’m currently working on a 2006 Mercury 115hp 4 stroke outboard and I’m having issues with the alarm going off. And continuously getting a code for a “lift pump timeout”.
I have a CDI diagnostics scanner. I can look at faults and I can also run an “auto test” The auto test has also gave me a “lift pump out.” Fault
Long story short; I just replaced lift pump inside FSM and still no cure to my 4 beeps and my fault code.
I had boat on water before replacing pump and it ran fine until it found itself in guardian mode at upwards of 3500rpms. 4 beep alarm was also sounding every 2 min.
I’ve replaced filters,fuel hose, made sure check ball wasnt stuck. Even ran on portable tank and still no change. Screens in both pumps are clean and made sure float was working by running continuity test.
I’m at a loss. Can anyone steer me in the right direction. I’m thinking the seal that the lift pump sits up in could have an air leak. Is there a way to rule that out? Clear tube on boat side? Thanks in advance. Anything helps.

Binsights

Recruit
Thank you sir. Very helpful
Was this issue ever resolved? If so, what was the remedy? I am having same problem on 90 hp mercury 4 stroke efi. Replaced a bad float switch in the FSM and while I was at it, I replaced the lift pump too. It will fill the FSM on initial key on but then I get a "lift pump timeout out" fault code and I run out of gas. Very frustrating!

RiverRat96

Recruit
Was this issue ever resolved? If so, what was the remedy? I am having same problem on 90 hp mercury 4 stroke efi. Replaced a bad float switch in the FSM and while I was at it, I replaced the lift pump too. It will fill the FSM on initial key on but then I get a "lift pump timeout out" fault code and I run out of gas. Very frustrating!
Make sure you replace pump with the genuine mercury pump, not an off brand. The computer doesn’t seem to recognize the aftermarket pumps made for it. That was the fix. Good luck!