lifeisfun has a glitch

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
I tried clicking on lifeisfun's post and there is no text. So here it is for him...

I'm using one battery main battery for trolling motor as well. Should I re-charge it every time I get home, or let it drain as far as possible and then re-charge? After 5 hours of on/off trolling motor use the battery tester on the trolling...

That's all I can get with the little yellow box with the cursor on the title.

First, you should have a dual-purpose battery for this kind of use. It's basically a deep-cycle battery made to deliver enough amps for starting smaller outboards. Most trolling motor batteries are dual-purpose nowadays. Such outboards don't have strong charging capabilities, so yes you should recharge after each significant use of the trolling motor.

Be careful not to run the battery down to where the outboard doesn't have enough left to start, unless you also have a recoil starter.

You don't have to drain the battery. Lead/acid batteries don't have that property. You can recharge from any state of discharge.

When I click on your screenname, it shows that you have not registered. So there must be some information missing that is preventing your post from showing in full and causing this glitch in the forum.

lifeisfun

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: lifeisfun has a glitch

Thanks for reply !
I noticed that problem this morning but didn't have time to re-post :)
To my surprise the starting battery I'm using ( Marine Master 24M4)
Lasted about 6 hours ( MotorGuide W45 compensating for wind and current coasting down on the river and moving to bays) and at the end of the trip recharged with 6A charger within 10 minutes, so I guess there was plenty of power left.

BTW for some unknown reason I can't edit, reply or delete the original post ... Can I ask admin to take care of it ?

Thanks