"Let's Talk Turkey" Q&A

LadyFish

Admiral
1. Where will you have Thanksgiving Dinner?<br />2. Will you be having turkey?<br />3. What is your favorite side dish?<br />4. What is your favorite dessert?<br />5. Who carves the turkey?<br />6. What do you do after dinner?<br />7. Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?<br />8. Do you put your tree up or start decorating the outside of the house over the Thanksgiving holiday?<br />9. Is there a relative you would NOT like to see at the Thanksgiving Day table this year?<br />10. Do you help with any of the cooking or cleaning up?

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: "Let's Talk Turkey" Q&A

1. Home<br />2. Yes<br />3. Cranberries<br />4. Wifey<br />5. Huh?<br />6. Belch, complain about being stuffed<br />7. Eating too Much<br />8. No Tree this year, going to Floriduh<br />9. Scott Peterson<br />10.Too busy complaining about being stuffed. Besides isn't that womans work?? Barefoot etc.<br />Only kidding, wifey would kick my butt. :D

one more cast

Captain

1. Dinner at my 83 year old Mom's house (she insists on doing the cooking)<br />2.Turkey, of course<br />3.My favorite side is sausage, pan stuffing.<br />4.Not sure, pumpkin or custard pie<br />5.I will carve the turkey unless mom carves it before I get there.<br />6.just sit around and chat after dinner.<br />7. :D our tradition is going to Mom's for dinner.<br />8.won't put up the tree until a week or so before Christmas.<br />9.All are welcome<br />10.We finally convinced mom to use chinette paper plates. I will take out the trash.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

1. This year it will be at my Son's house.<br />2. Yes. Big turkey. Former wife cooks it.<br />3. Love my oldest daughter's sweet potato casserole.<br />4. Favorite dessert is former wife's pumpkin pie.<br />5. I carve.<br />6. After dinner we watch Cowboys football.<br />7. Most of the above are family traditions.<br />8. No Christmas decorating until 2nd week of Dec.<br />9. It would be better if I didn't say.<br />10. Everyone contributes to the meal and to the clean-up.

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class

1. Our house - 2 out of 4 "kids" will be there.<br />2. Well, it is Thanksgiving!<br />3. Sausage & apple dressing.<br />4. Warm pecan pie ala mode<br />5. I prepare it, cook it and carve it.<br />6. Sit around wondering why we ate so much.<br />7. Being with as much family as possible.<br />8. Nope - too early.<br />9. Can't think of one.<br />10. Yes to both.

gaugeguy

Captain

1. Where will you have Thanksgiving Dinner? At my in-laws.<br />2. Will you be having turkey? Yes<br />3. What is your favorite side dish? Cranberry-orange relish<br />4. What is your favorite dessert? Strawberry-rhubarb pie<br />5. Who carves the turkey? Father in-law, unless he has had too many martinis, then it'll be me, unless I've had too many also :p <br />6. What do you do after dinner? Watch football and fight sleep<br />7. Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions? We have 2 thanksgivings, one thursday and one friday. Wifes family is thurs. and my family comes over on friday (Mom and brother are health care workers and have to work on Thanksgiving.)<br />8. Do you put your tree up or start decorating the outside of the house over the Thanksgiving holiday? Yes, the outside of the house, hanging lights etc. Tree goes up second week in Dec.<br />9. Is there a relative you would NOT like to see at the Thanksgiving Day table this year? My Nephew Ryan. He is 1-1/2 and cries constantly unless his mother (my sil) is holding him. And his screams are like nothing I have ever in my life heard...cross between fingernails on a chalkboard, styrofoam breaking and chewing aluminum foil.<br />10. Do you help with any of the cooking or cleaning up? All the men clear the table and then let the ladies take it from there while we sip brandy.

ehenry

Commander

1. Where will you have Thanksgiving Dinner? Either Mamma's or one of my sister's.<br />2. Will you be having turkey? yes<br />3. What is your favorite side dish? Butterbeans and smashed taters.<br />4. What is your favorite dessert? Sister's bread puding with brandy sauce.<br />5. Who carves the turkey? Daddy generally does.<br />6. What do you do after dinner? Get christmas decrations down out of attic then leave for deer camp.<br />7. Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions? We draw names to see who we have to buy for for christmas.<br />8. Do you put your tree up or start decorating the outside of the house over the Thanksgiving holiday? Wife decorates the inside of the house while we're at deer camp.<br />9. Is there a relative you would NOT like to see at the Thanksgiving Day table this year? No. All are welcome.<br />10. Do you help with any of the cooking or cleaning up? No, we're gone to deer camp.

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

1. Home<br />2. Yes<br />3. Dressing<br />4. Too full to eat desert<br />5. I do<br />6. Have a beer and take a nap<br />7. Yes, everyone signs and dates the tablecloth with a sharpie.<br />8. Probably not<br />9. No, all are welcome and enjoyed.<br />10. Yes, both cooking and cleaning up.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

1. Either in my patrol car or a convienance store.<br />2. Probably not.<br />3. Cranberries.<br />4. Apple pie.<br />5. Wife.<br />6. Depends.<br />7. no<br />8. no <br />9. no<br />10. Always

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

1. Where will you have Thanksgiving Dinner? Our House<br />2. Will you be having turkey? We better or somebody’s in a lot of trouble<br />3. What is your favorite side dish? Dressing (Yours not that oats & groats crap your sister makes)<br />4. What is your favorite dessert? Pecan Pie<br />5. Who carves the turkey? Usually you<br />6. What do you do after dinner? Lay around…depends on the weather, boat ride maybe?<br />7. Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions? Not really<br />8. Do you put your tree up or start decorating the outside of the house over the Thanksgiving holiday? No!!!!!!!!!<br />9. Is there a relative you would NOT like to see at the Thanksgiving Day table this year? Yes but you have already invited him so I’m stuck with him<br />10. Do you help with any of the cooking or cleaning up? Who else?

LadyFish

Admiral

1. Where will you have Thanksgiving Dinner? Our House.<br /><br />2. Will you be having turkey? He’s the host.<br /><br />3. What is your favorite side dish? Yellow turnips, sweet potatoes, dressing.<br /><br />4. What is your favorite dessert? Pumpkin Pie<br /><br />5. Who carves the turkey? Me. Otherwise there wouldn't be a slice to be found, just pieces.<br /><br />6. What do you do after dinner? Drop from exhaustion.<br /><br />7. Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions? Thanksgiving prayer, we go around the table and say what we are thankful for. One year, after many teary thanks, our neighbors lil 4 year old popped up with, "and thank God for Toys R Us." With tears in our eyes we all but a gut laughing.<br /><br />8. Do you put your tree up or start decorating the outside of the house over the Thanksgiving holiday? The tree goes up when I put it up. The outside decorations will go up BEFORE the first weekend in December for our annual “Light Up Jamaica Beach.”<br /><br />9. Is there a relative you would NOT like to see at the Thanksgiving Day table this year? Nope, I love them all.<br /><br />10. Do you help with any of the cooking or cleaning up? I do ALL of the cooking and try to clean up all of the big pots as I finish with them so the boys don’t get dish pan hands. :p

oddjob

Commander

1. Was gonna be at my house, now its a toss between the EX-inlaws and company and the hunting camp in Cocoa w/ my father and family.<br /> :confused: 2. Either domestic or wild<br />3. Greens beans or oster cassarol (Sp)<br />4. Cherry or apple pie. :p <br />5. Me<br />6. Lay down on the floor in the living room.<br />7. Oyster cassarol and lay down on the floor. If at the inlaws then factor in the heartburn from all the turkey fat MIL adds to every dish. Pure evil. :mad: <br />8. No! I I'm laying down I told ya :rolleyes: . C-lights are for the neighbor to put up and me to admire. ;) <br />9. ^See above<br />10. At my house I help or do it. Everywhere else I stay out of the way unless ordered otherwise.<br /> :)

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

1. Where will you have Thanksgiving Dinner?<br />--- either my place or my mother and fathers.<br /><br />2. Will you be having turkey?<br />--- Wild Turkey ... :D <br /><br />3. What is your favorite side dish?<br />--- browned butter corn <br /><br />4. What is your favorite dessert?<br />---apple pie and cheese cake<br /><br />5. Who carves the turkey?<br />--- Me<br />6. What do you do after dinner?<br />---go hunting or sit around and gasp for air.<br /><br />7. Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?<br />--- eat too much<br /><br />8. Do you put your tree up or start decorating the outside of the house over the Thanksgiving holiday?<br />--- Hell No!<br /><br />9. Is there a relative you would NOT like to see at the Thanksgiving Day table this year?<br />--- Nope we all get along like peas and carrots.<br /><br />10. Do you help with any of the cooking or cleaning up?<br />--- I smoke a wild turkey (osceola this year) and help with deep frying the 2 birds and bring duck and goose sausage that I make .. other than that I stay out of the way.

aspeck

Staff member

1. Where will you have Thanksgiving Dinner? Probably somne restaurant in Orlando area - will be different this year, way out of my element.<br /><br />2. Will you be having turkey? <br />Probably not<br /><br />3. What is your favorite side dish?<br />egg noodles and mashed taters - gotta have that with turkey.<br /><br />4. What is your favorite dessert?<br />pumpkin pie<br /><br />5. Who carves the turkey?<br />I DO<br /><br />6. What do you do after dinner?<br />play with the guns, watch football, belch and expel gas alot<br /><br />7. Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?<br />See # 6. But, as you can see from #1, it will be totally different this year.<br /><br />8. Do you put your tree up or start decorating the outside of the house over the Thanksgiving holiday?<br />NAW, usually to wore out from watching football. Might go hunting, though.<br /><br />9. Is there a relative you would NOT like to see at the Thanksgiving Day table this year?<br />No<br /><br />10. Do you help with any of the cooking or cleaning up?<br />Yes, most of the cooking.

Carphunter

Commander

1. Where will you be having Thanksgiving dinner?<br />Probably at the table.<br /><br />2. Will you be having turkey?<br />Only if its cooked this time.<br /><br />3. What is your favorite side dish?<br />My satellite dish, even though thats probably my primary dish.<br /><br />4. What is your favorite dessert?<br />The Sahara, even though I hear its pretty hot.<br /><br />5. Who carves the Turkey?<br />The people that want to eat it............sorry, I thought you said "craves".<br /><br />6. What do you do after dinner?<br />Go to the bathroom.<br /><br />7. Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?<br />Yes, we go door to door and sing Turkey carols. Its really fun when they start shootin at us...............man, the memories.<br /><br />8. Do you put your tree up or start decorating the outside of the house over the Thanksgiving holiday?<br />Were supposed to put a tree up for Thanksgiving :confused: Well thats news to me. Is that what the Pilgrims did?<br /><br />9. Is there a relative you would NOT like to see at the Thanksgiving table this year?<br />Only the ones that eat.<br /><br />10. Do you help with any of the cooking or cleaning up?<br />I really would, but I'm not a fairy.

LadyFish

Admiral

16.gif
<br /><br />Oh Carpy, you are too much! ROTFLMAO

rwise

Captain

1. Where will you have Thanksgiving Dinner?<br />a. work<br />b. the mother-in-laws<br />c. home<br />2. Will you be having turkey?<br />a. baked and fried,<br />b. baked<br />c. maybe<br />3. What is your favorite side dish?<br />whole baked sweet potatoe with mellos, butter, and brown sugar<br />4. What is your favorite dessert?<br />YES thanx<br />5. Who carves the turkey?<br />the one with the knife.<br />6. What do you do after dinner?<br />go back for another _____________<br />7. Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?<br />yes, eat way to much!!<br />8. Do you put your tree up or start decorating the outside of the house over the Thanksgiving holiday?<br />no.<br />9. Is there a relative you would NOT like to see at the Thanksgiving Day table this year?<br />all are welcome, lifes to short to~~~~~<br />10. Do you help with any of the cooking or cleaning up?<br />I make lots of things, ?cleaning up? whats that, oh get another plate full!

Fly Rod

Commander

:) 1. home with about 25 relatives and friends<br />2. yes a 32-35lb. and a 12+lb turkey<br />3. sweetpotato cooked with brown sugar and butter<br />4. many favorites<br />5. i do<br />6. the men play cards & the women clean up as they talk<br />7. no<br />8. don't decorate outside of house and the tree goes up a week before Xmas<br />9. "NEVER" everybody is welcome even if another family member has a problem with anybody<br />10. even tho the wife is an excellent cook i do most of the prep and cooking and she and the girls do the cleaning

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer

1. Where will you have Thanksgiving Dinner?<br /> At our place at the lake<br />2. Will you be having turkey?<br /> Yes, a big one.<br />3. What is your favorite side dish?<br /> The Admiral<br />4. What is your favorite dessert?<br /> Pecan pie.<br />5. Who carves the turkey?<br /> I do.<br />6. What do you do after dinner?<br /> Sleep, visit.<br />7. Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?<br /> Each person in turn announce the things they are thankful for.<br />8. Do you put your tree up or start decorating the outside of the house over the Thanksgiving holiday?<br /> No<br />9. Is there a relative you would NOT like to see at the Thanksgiving Day table this year?<br /> Yes.<br />10. Do you help with any of the cooking or cleaning up? <br /> I smoke the turkey after brining it.<br /> I also do the gravy, dressing and help my kids with whatever it is they wish to cook.<br /> I clean as I go along and help with the cleanup after wards a little.

ebbtide176

Commander

1. Where will you have Thanksgiving Dinner?<br />- MIL<br />2. Will you be having turkey?<br />- plus HAM<br />3. What is your favorite side dish?<br />- Corn on cob, or turnip greens<br />4. What is your favorite dessert?<br />- sweet potato with pecans (casserole)<br />5. Who carves the turkey?<br />- i did the last time, whoever they want<br />6. What do you do after dinner?<br />- hide, swap stories with BIL's<br />7. Do you have any Thanksgiving traditions?<br />- always go to MIL's for big get together<br />8. Do you put your tree up or start decorating the outside of the house over the Thanksgiving holiday?<br />- hmmm, i do not remember. wifie puts up inside stuff and i might put up a few things outside closer to christmas time<br />9. Is there a relative you would NOT like to see at the Thanksgiving Day table this year?<br />- kinda, but not a big deal<br />10. Do you help with any of the cooking or cleaning up?<br />- we all help with cleanup, i usually handle garbage disposal. no men get near the women while they have large knives & forks whipping around ;)