Let the first liar say they have never done this.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
BTDT more than I can count. Usually followed by stating @#_&! And cracking another bottle of fishing juice

Grub54891

Vice Admiral
I have to honestly say that I haven't. I do fish but not as much as alot of people. I don't use that kind of reel though.

southkogs

Staff member
The bigger joke is on the people who cut the tackle off and start over..... not realizing that all you have to do is remove the spool, flip the bail, and put the spool back on. Takes all of 15 seconds....lol
... well ... :rolleyes:

fatlenny

Petty Officer 3rd Class
The bigger joke is on the people who cut the tackle off and start over..... not realizing that all you have to do is remove the spool, flip the bail, and put the spool back on. Takes all of 15 seconds....lol
"face palm" I just picked up fishing again about a year and a half ago and haven't really done any since I was a child prior, I have done this 2 or 3 times in the last year and feel really dumb now that I missed that obvious correction.

KJM

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Uhhh...I guess the joke is on me...I never thought of that!

docmirror

Petty Officer 3rd Class
BTDT. Then, handed the rod to my 7YO daughter who was eager to cast. Clearly, we did not get any nibbles until I fixed it.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Never done that, but I don't fish. Well I used to, but when I was 14, the old man told me I had to clean what I caught, that day I reeled in the Line put the Rod down and never touched it again.
These days I go to the Supermarket, go to the Frozen Seafood section, and have someone toss to me whatever I want to buy. That way, I can truthfully say that I caught it.

64osby

Admiral
These days I go to the Supermarket, go to the Frozen Seafood section, and have someone toss to me whatever I want to buy. That way, I can truthfully say that I caught it.
I go trout fishing with a few guys two weekends a year. We have been doing this for 35 years.

We camp in the spring and stay at a house in the fall. Gas, food, adult beverages, tackle, bait and ice cream adds up over the weekend.

We always have a great time, but we would be better off going to the store and buying fish if it was about the cost per pound.