Lemon Law - Update to "Happy Ending or Beginning of Nightmare?" thread

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral
Re: Lemon Law - Update to "Happy Ending or Beginning of Nightmare?" thread

glad it all worked out. you were lucky. in my line of work I seldom hear about those cases!

Here's something for the "general discussion." One reason dealerships (cars) are not jumping to take a new car back is that once it's titled, even if it only went around the block, they can't sell it again as new. A new car with 300 miles is worth more than a used car with 30. Maybe not to everyone but that's how the market works. So your chances of ironing out problems dimishes when the boat/car is titled.

Ob1415

Seaman

In this case, it was the right thing for them to do. Sure, they may take a hit of a couple thousand dollars, having to re-sell the boat as used, but they save their reputation with the customer (me!) and avoid losing the potential customers that I can and likely will bring them just in time for the start of boating season.

Also, the electrical system was likely fried due to their attempt to forego the factory harness and hard wire the stereo. This would be a big no-no that could cost them their reputation with Glastron.

Either way, I was not a fault for any of this and should not have had to deal with this as a consumer. I paid for a new boat, which is expected to be in perfect working order. That is not what I received in the original boat they delivered.

Did they HAVE TO make good on the deal without a fight? No. But I am glad that they did and if all goes well with the new boat, they will be glad they did too.

Blue2Green

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am sorry to hear about all the old problems. I am glad to hear that the dealership stood up to make it right. I wish you luck with the new boat.

Ob1415

Seaman

Got home from work and my brand new, brand new boat was there waiting for me. She's gorgeous! She looks like.....well....exactly like the "other boat". Of course, the 1st thing I did was test all the electrical components and switches, all worked as they should. Double checked to make sure I got the full tank of gas as promised, indeed I did. All that's left to do is get her out on the water. It sucks that I have to work tomorrow, as it's supposed to be 82 with 5-10 mph winds. Sunday gets back up to 20-30 mph winds. Maybe I can get off early enough to sneak in a couple of hours tomorrow :) Will post new pics soon.

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Is the new, new boat going to be named "Wet Dream II"?

Ob1415

Seaman

I having 2nd thoughts about carrying over the name since I had suck bad luck with that boat. We'll see.

Blue2Green

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I hope the New New Boat works out for you. Hope you get to enjoy many long years with her.

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I having 2nd thoughts about carrying over the name since I had suck bad luck with that boat. We'll see.

If your wet dream turned into a nightmare, maybe this happy ending should be named "Morning After".

spdracr39

Lieutenant Junior Grade

This is the point when things really started to go wrong.

This is also the point where the manufacterers warranty no longer applies to the electrical system from this date forward. What a bunch of goofballs.