Leak repair

Bill Collector

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I have a 1989 WOLFF speed boat. It's 13 feet and looks like a hydrostream. The boat is taking on water where the top and bottom half of the boat meet in the rear left corner. Essentially the screws holding the rub rail onto the boat are letting water in. Not a lot, but if it wasn't for a bilge pump I'd have problems. <br /><br />How/what do I seal these up with? I'm good with fiberglass but not sure if this is a job for resin. I'm thinking remove the screws, seal it and then put the screws back in??? Suggestions on material and how to's would be great.<br /><br />Thanks!

tengals123

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Leak repair

depends on the size of the gap. But, as a general rule you could use epoxy or silicone (marine grade) that's about it. should'nt be a hard job.<br /><br />cheers

flashback

Captain
Re: Leak repair

Im with Tengals on this, Im a little dumb so let me ask you if this is a glass boat, if it is, then pull the screws, remove the rail and silicone the joint. replace the screws with a generous amount of silly and put them back in...... if it is alumunum then the rivits may be leaking an need to be re-tightned ////////