Launching Mariner 4 by yourself

xman1102

Recruit
My wife and I are enjoying our moded Mariner 4 and we manage setting up and breaking down the boat with little difficulty.

However, I just figure out how I'm going to manage this by myself.

What advice do you have for inflating and adding all my extra parts (wood flooring, seats, cooler, etc) by myself? No one I can get that sucker in the water by myself.

I don't want a trailer because we don't have any storage space.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Will need to transport the boat to the shore, ramp, whatever you'll be using, float the sucker and dump all your boating stuff in, reverse the procedure when returning to terra firme. Too much hassle and extreme effort for a single man job....

Happy Boating

drabina

Cadet
I also go the Mariner 4 and haven't yet taken it out of the box. Looking how heavy the box is, I question myself if I will be able to set it up on a grass and then transport to the boat launch. I do have two kids to help me but they won't be able to lift 50lbs to help me with half the boat's weight.

So how are you managing?

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
I question myself if I will be able to set it up on a grass and then transport to the boat launch. So how are you managing?

Better inflate the sib on a flat surface next to the launching point, ask a good samaritan to lend you a hand to place the Sib on water, throw all the goodies inside while one of your kids holds the sib in place, reverese the procedure when returning. Have had a Sexylor K86, but was a 2 men easy job launching and retrieving from a calm sand beach...

Happy Boating

fluffywhitedogs

Recruit
I just got an M4 and have had it out twice, the first time alone. On a tarp (doubled, so 2 layers) on the grass right next to the ramp, I inflated it and put in the floor. I then carefully pulled the tarp with the boat on it until the front was in the water. I stepped on the tarp and shoved it off, then loaded everything (tarp, cooler, battery, trolling motor) once it was fully floating.
A few bystanders were quite impressed :)

FvM4owner

Cadet
Hello I have a mariner 4 and launch it by myself all the time. It is really not too bad. First of inflate it as close to the water as possible then with only the floor in tip it up on its side lift by the oar locks and carry it on one shoulder to get the front end on the water. Pick up back end n fill float right in. Then load up all your gear seats motor snacks and what not. It is a little awkward and heavy but if you set it up right by water it's not too bad