Launch to myself!

Pony

Rear Admiral
Packers bye week....perfect fall day. 33F in the morning turned to mid 50's and a light breeze, and I had the launch and the lake to myself

Attachments

• photo233165.jpeg
    photo233165.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 0

alldodge

Staff member
Same here low this time of the year because everyone is gone, sure wish it was a bit warmer, hate the cold and beer doesn't go down as easy. :laugh:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
all the boaters from cold states have been coming down here. to get an empty ramp this time of year, you need to boat between 2 am and 6 am.

dwco5051

Commander
I got out on Tuesday, 51 degrees, steady 4 or 5 knot wind coming out of the East. May be it for the year. Over cast sky and the first time I have worn my Floatcoat in a couple of years. 1800 acres of lake to myself, empty parking areas and ramps. However after being out for a hour or two I headed down the lake and lo and behold another boat anchored in the center with crappie rods out. Two old guys who live by the lake broke my solitude. Didn?t catch a single thing all day but once you pass your 75th birthday just getting out makes it a great day. Three weeks till bear season, then two weeks of deer season before the ice fishing starts. Seems the days go by a lot quicker than when I was a young lad.

Pony

Rear Admiral
We didn't catch much that day with he cold front that came through the night before, but anytime I can get out there with Dad it's well worth the effort.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral
I have no problem with the beer going down, even when it is very cold!

:D