Last years, new year resolution.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
So... You made a new years resolution last year.. But did you make it happen?.. :confused: <br /><br />Did you quit a bad habbit?.. <br />Maybe lose a few lbs.?.. <br />Spend less time on iboats?.. :eek: (yea-right)<br />Get out of debt?..<br />Fail miserably at keping your resolution?..<br /><br />Tell us... :cool:

ZmOz

Captain
Re: Last years, new year resolution.

Yep. I lost about 55lbs and still dropping. :D

18rabbit

Captain

Well, I ...<br /><br />Picked up a bad habit,<br />Gained a few pounds,<br />Spend more time on iboats,<br />Am deeper in debt,<br />And right on schedule with my 2005 New Year's resolution.<br /><br />Thanks for asking.<br /> :D

ndemge

Commander

I spent this year keeping the previous years resolution.<br /><br />Sunday will be 2 years without so much as a single puff of smoke. 2 years without a cheat.<br /><br />that's this years resolution as well.<br /><br />oh, zomoz, I found about 20 of your lbs if you were looking for them.

TexomaAv8r

Petty Officer 1st Class

I dont do new years resolutions. Seems silly to me, if I want to make a change then I change, or try to change, why wait till new years add a heap of expectations etc and then be dissapointed or discouraged if I slip one day? The one day at a time approach allows me to have a new years day 365 days a year.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Am just going to recycle this years’ resolutions, seeing how they didn't get much use. :D :D

Link

Rear Admiral

Hmmmm Have never made a new years resolution.<br />Maybe this year :)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I resolved to do what I pleased, as much as I pleased and when I pleased.<br /><br />Lost 10lb. and dropped the cholesterol from 250 to 170.<br /><br />For 2006 I resolve to do even more of what I did in 2005. :D

LubeDude

Admiral

I told myself that I would spend more money on fishing tackle than the year before. so far Im right on track. :p :p <br /><br />I hope to follow Nates lead this year and drop at least 50 #s. If Nate can do it, I can do it better!

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I gave up setting resolutions. It became too depressing when I failed, so enough is enough.

Kalian

Chief Petty Officer

I don't do em either. But I just want to say congratulations to Noel, it gets easier! I quit about 8 years ago, and don't even think about them anymore. It was by far the hardest thing I've ever done, even harder than holding my tounge when talking with the MIL!

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

My new years resolution last year was that I would get a new career and do something to get in better shape. I have a new career and a recently aqquired Bowflex that works every bit as good as is claimed. This years resolution will be to reduce my debt by at least 30%, should be doable.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Your problem, Dawg, is that you resolve to do stuff that you don't want to do badly enough.<br /><br />Resolve to do something that you will enjoy, like fish more or drink more beer. :)

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Your problem, Dawg, is that you resolve to do stuff that you don't want to do badly enough.<br /><br />Resolve to do something that you will enjoy, like fish more or drink more beer. :)
Out of the mouths of moderators. ;) <br />
Originally posted by NoelMG:<br /> I spent this year keeping the previous years resolution.<br /><br />Sunday will be 2 years without so much as a single puff of smoke. 2 years without a cheat.<br /><br />that's this years resolution as well.<br /><br />oh, zomoz, I found about 20 of your lbs if you were looking for them.
Great Job Noel. I am 26 years between cigarettes. I can't honestly say why I took it up, but I do know why I quit. It is a clinical fact, and I can attest to it, that you get urges up to 9 years after you quit - the younger you started the longer the craving. Just remember why you quit and that you have the power not to start again....

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Well.. Last year's resolution was to pay off all my credit cards, and keep the balances paid off at the end of the month.. Never really had much credit card debt, but was just bugged by what I had.. Been square with that for about 6 months... :) <br /><br />This year, I'm making two... <br />#1.. Make time to finish the restoration/repairs on my truck.. I been monkeying around with it for toooo long..<br /><br />#2.. ummmm.. on second thought, i'd rather not say what #2 is.. might jinx it.. :cool: But I'll let ya'll know what #2 is this time next year, if I succeed... :)