Larson with bad deck questions?

boaterinsd

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was redoing the rear seat on my Larson and was wondering about holding it down. I felt on the floor and under the newer carpet was a peice of odball plywood. I unscrewed it and pulled it up to find this. in the pictures. What is all of this i am wondering it looks like it was originally covered in plywood the then glassed, It isnt now and the foam is wet and what do i do?. There are boats that got across and one that runs down the middle, whats are they?How are they held in? I am in this to far to not get it going. How were these made? And whats the fix?

view taken from port side.jpgfloor from rear on back right corner.jpg

Last edited:

Friscoboater

Captain
Re: Larson with bad deck questions?

I am not sure what to say here, but that looks like a total restoration. I see rot everywhere. Go to the boat restoration forum and change how you want the threads to be displayed. Change it to "most replies" and hit submit. There you will see the largest threads for restoration. There is a wealth of information there that would tkae 16 pages to post here. I would suggest reading all of the threads and making your own plan.

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander

This looks like a REALLY poor attempt to fix rotten wood. It appears someone has painted over it and stuck down some new plywood. You should take frisco's advice and read read read, you certainly have some work ahead if you plan to keep the boat.

boaterinsd

Petty Officer 1st Class

ok, thanks . ill do that. I am stuck with the boat , i am going to get it running and make sure its good before i get fixing.

Friscoboater

Captain

That is a good idea. Make sure it is worth it first.

boaterinsd

Petty Officer 1st Class

That is a good idea. Make sure it is worth it first.

I got it going any it works like a charm. I run the outdrive in a huge bucket full of water, as tonot worry about muffs and that stuff. I saw the temp gauge run right at about 160 steady for 10 min. I am going to get it out for a wet test next with an extra person on board, to lend a needed hand if need be. But as far as running shape , I AM VERY HAPPY:D
So will the foam be reused or what ? I am gonna jump in asap, following the lake run in the coming days. Would it help to run a heater under the cover to dry things? Or just keep it covered in the days with probable rain coming?