Lance Armstrong ............ what can I say!

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Lance Armstrong ............ what can I say!

and just cause a person survived a very serious disease does not, in my book, grant that person with sainthood. Plenty of common folks have beat the game to live humble lives that are beneficial to those we love and unknown folks in our communities.<br /><br />Pat

Dunaruna

Admiral

In the late nineties the professional cycling world was turned upsidedown because of drug cheats - Lance was caught up in the hype because he was/is so damn good - the media was saying " He MUST be using".<br /><br />Cycling is now the most tested sport in the world - but the media don't report that little fact.<br /><br />Armstrong is probably the most tested professional sportsman the world - but the media don't report that little fact.<br /><br />There was, and isn't, any proof that he was/is a drug cheat dispite the hundreds of times that he has been tested - but the media don't report that little fact.<br /><br />The media suck! If it's not a big headline grabber, they don't report it or they report a one paragraph story on page 5423 of the local farmers weekly. Rant over.<br /><br />Aldo

KRS

Banned

Quote "I formed my opinion based on what I was fed by our media..."<br /><br />Ok.

Andrew Leigh

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by azfyrfyter63:<br /> Quote "I formed my opinion based on what I was fed by our media..."<br /><br />Ok.
I also formed my opinions from the media, where else, as well as reading his first book. My perceptions happen to be completely opposite.<br /><br /><br />PS: Lance has offered that they freeze samples of his urine so that when testing methods evolve to more sophistication authorities can retest his samples. Thats confidence. He is an athlete of unnatural God given abilities, a "freak" in the sport. He has grasped this genetic opportunity and maximised it to the fullest, for this he is labelled a cheat!<br /><br />Andrew

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Andrew Leigh:<br /> He is an athlete of unnatural God given abilities...
But I understand that he doesn't believe in God and gives no credit to Him for anything.

magster65

Commander

pjc<br />I read my last post, it has a rather rude tone to it... sorry :) but...<br />You can rule out drug enhanced performance for Lance. Your statement that you've heard he's using drugs is ridiculous. It's not like he's never been tested for them. I agree with you that anyone surviving a serious disease doesn't immediately qualify for 'sainthood' but he's done much more than that. Let's not forget his accomplishments on the tour. He's inspirational to others that may or may not make it. Giving hope, in my books is a good thing. Your comparison to Kobe Bryant is confusing, Lance is... in your eyes, like a rapist? That’s just more silliness. It's a fact of life that not all marriages last forever and for whatever reason, neither did his. It's not anyone's business other than theirs and you can’t condemn someone for a failed marriage or you’d be condemning a million people a year in the US alone. His kids seem to be around him constantly so he can't be a deadbeat dad and if he was the media would be all over that. I just don't get where you're coming from… why not date Sheryl Crow? If I were divorced, I would! She’s hot 'like fire' buddy!<br /><br />
p13.jpg

Cranky18

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I do not understand why it seems necessary to pick apart people trying to do good. Lance has obviously done a lot of good with his "Livestrong" bracelets that have raised millions for cancer research. I cycle and follow cycling, and Lance would be one of the "greats" even if he didn't come back from cancer. My son views him as a hero and an inspiration and there are very few role models for kids these days.

jamesgreen

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Lance is one dedicated man. He is one of the best if not the best athlete ever. Name another pro athlete that works as hard as he does. As far as drugs go you might could win one tour maybe two but not 7. I admire Lance for what he has done on and off the bike.

tommays

Admiral

lance came up for "random" testing this year more than any other rider<br /><br />which is really not very random but has passed more tests than anyone in any sport<br /><br />he is GREAT RIDER not a good public speaker and puts his foot in his mouth a LOT<br /><br />he got NYC crazy when he came out in support to give the games to france over the usa<br /><br />his own words about drugs are not the best spoken and give the pres ammo where there is none<br /><br /><br />tommays