Lance Armstrong ............ what can I say!

Andrew Leigh

Chief Petty Officer
The man is truly inspirational.<br /><br />I find it so encouraging to witness success that is borne from sheer determination, training and vision. No drug scandals, no personel issues dragging him down. A man of character willing to give back to the sport, people and willing to share the recipe of success through books and appearances.<br /><br />Lance has made an impact on so many imparting so many good and positive things. I know that good will come right back at him. It is my wish that he enjoys his retirement from cycling, though I believe his biggest life's works are yet to come. The only difference will be that these will be less public but more important.<br /><br />Congratulations on No. 7

Cranky18

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Lance Armstrong ............ what can I say!

With so many "prima donnas" in sports right now it is awesome to witness a sportsman like Lance that when it matters most he can dig down deep inside and do things that seem impossible. Although he has won 7 the most memorable to me was 2003, when he struggled but was able to come back and win. You can see it in his eyes, when he wants a win, he takes it. It was very moving to see the American Flag raised on the Champs-Elysees to the Star spangled banner.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Cranky18:<br /> It was very moving to see the American Flag raised on the Champs-Elysees to the Star spangled banner.
...and I bet the French just hated it.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /><br />...and I bet the French just hated it.
Goooooood<br /> :D

Laddies

Banned

It is certainly great to see a athlete that could be a role model for the children of the world do well. In these times most look like the leader of some street gang or from a ditty boop band. Great going Lance--Bob

skeeterboy

Petty Officer 1st Class

It was great to see his kids by his side and they said that no one has ever made a speech at the end of the tour. Lance is the man for everything that he has done for society and cancer patients all over the world.

Cranky18

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It was great to see his kids by his side and they said that no one has ever made a speech at the end of the tour. Lance is the man for everything that he has done for society and cancer patients all over the world.<br />
Podium.jpg

Dunaruna

Admiral

A true sporting champion. He dedicated 12 months of training just to win the tour de france. He knew the route better than most french riders. <br /><br />A very smart tactician, an EXTREMLY fit individual - his heart rate, while riding, is up around 170/180, on the big hills it up over 200.<br /><br />That's enough to kill most people yet he does it day in day out. <br /><br />And he had a tumor cut out of his brain.<br /><br />His sporting record will not be beaten in our lifetime, you guys should be extremly proud of your countrymans' achievements.<br /><br />Aldo

cart7

Petty Officer 2nd Class

His twin girls are cute. I noticed his son seemed quite shy about going up on the podium. :D

KRS

Banned

Let's not forget genetics.... Lance is a marvel of cardiac capacity and what not.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

This is a guy that divorced his wife to hook up with Sheryl Crow. I have no respect for the turd since he choose to leave his wife and family to pursue further accolades. This person deserves no respect nor accolades from me anyway.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

oh yea, here is a link to lance interview stuff. <br /> web page

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

And not to smudge the pot too much, I have indeed herd some talk regarding the use of performance enhancing drugs on lances part. May perhaps explain the cardio performance.

maxxpower

Seaman

Lance is the most tested athlete on the face of the planet in terms of performance enhancing drugs, he never failed a drug test. We do not know the details of his personal life, regarding his divorce. He is an incredible athlete!

Dunaruna

Admiral

His marriage breakup makes him a turd????

rudeafrican

Petty Officer 1st Class

Some people just can't handle it when others do well can they? Lance has been drug tested literally 100's of times because sore losers kept on blaming his performance on drugs. Every single test has been negative.<br /><br />As for him being a turd for having gone through a divorce. Who are we to judge. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Well done Lance, your a superb athlete

crab bait

Captain

saw on the news .. where he has a 30 % bigger heart then a man his size.. has a heart of a 7'11' man..

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

C'mon, give the guy a break. Armstrong made history and is definitely one of the best endurance athletes in history. I don't know why he's dating Sheryl Crow (don't care, good for him!) Bottom line, he's a cancer survivor and one hell of a cyclist. Let him prosper!

magster65

Commander

pjc<br />Are you for real?<br />Tell us about your life experience where you came back from the 'edge' to go on to set a world record. Tell us about how you have given inspiration and hope to all the cancer patients of the world. I'm anxious to hear your story because anyone that can 'hack down' Lance must be really something.<br />Go ahead.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

yep, very for real mag. <br /><br />I formed my opinion based on what I was fed by our media regarding why LA dumped his wife for Crowe, and claims that LM was potentially using enhancers. <br /><br />I do believe that we largely form our opinions of others based upon media, etc., as we do not have the opportunity to know these celebs face to face. Thus, while I do admire and respect what LA has done in his professional career, I have made an assessment of him that precludes me to think less of the man as a person. I could be way wrong, but?<br /><br />Kobe Bryant was and is a talent, but it seems that he did a disrespectful act with a young lady (?) at a hotel, thus dishonoring his wife. Even though KB is a great athlete, shall I disregard what he was reported to have done in that hotel, in violation of his matrimonial vows, and hold KB in high regard as an athlete?<br /><br />Just a thought.