Lake Winnebago (Wisconsin) Question

four winns 214

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I’m towing my Ranger Tug to Oshkosh for the EAA Convention and Airshow this July. I will slip it at Pioneer Marina. On Wednesday evening of show week, I want to cruise down to TJ’s for dinner and then on the way back, anchor out and watch the night airshow before returning to the marina.

My question is this: Is there enough water and space in TJ’s harbor for a 27’ boat (30’ from anchor to swim platform) with a draft of 2.5 feet?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I would call Pioneer and ask if they are close to charted dept. If I remember tonight, will ask a few friends that live off of 'bago

four winns 214

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Thanks. I’ve towed my Ranger Tug to Oshkosh for the show twice before. Who doesn’t take a boat to an airshow? I use it for accommodations for the show week. The marina is a 20 minute bike ride to the North 40 Airplane Campground entrance to the show. Works great.

I have always gone to TJ’s by land with friends. While waiting for a table, I’ve walked over and looked at the little harbor and have seen some pocket cruisers and pontoons in there. I’m trying to determine how much of a “local knowledge” is that spot.