Lake Havasu Poker Run 2011 (some pics)

steveclv

Petty Officer 1st Class
This weekend is the 2011 Poker Run in Lake Havasu and these were a few shots from the street carnival - how the 'other half' lives

boat1.JPG

boat3.JPG

boat4.JPG

boat5.JPG

boat6.JPG

boat7.JPG

Steve91T

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Lake Havasu Poker Run 2011 (some pics)

Which one was yours? :)

Unbelievable. I can't imagine how much those trailers cost, let alone the boats on top of them.

Beautiful boats though.

Great pics.
Steve

FastZR1

Cadet

More pics please.
How do they get the boats off the trailer when the boat is tilted on the side? Maybe there are some sort of hydraulics that level the boat on the trailer prior to launching?

wbc1957

Petty Officer 1st Class

More pics please.
How do they get the boats off the trailer when the boat is tilted on the side? Maybe there are some sort of hydraulics that level the boat on the trailer prior to launching?

No, the ramp is at a very steep angle!

semo549

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sweet pics! All those MTI boats are built a few miles from my house in St. Louis. The first picture used to be the Loony Tunes boat. They put a whole new paint scheme on except they left the bilge area all airbrushed wood how it was in Loony Tunes.

sschefer

Rear Admiral

My friend Jason hauled his down from the SF Bay area. He left either Tuesday night or Wed morning. Hes running a 39' Formula with twin 502's on Bravo drives. I wish I could have gone with him.

steveclv

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'll get some more photos over the weekend.

One of my neighbors runs Gibson's Exhausts and his boat is running this weekend - I heard that he had to sign a letter that he would not drive over 125mph - something to do with safety equipment on board. Most of these boats are running 160mph+ - the record I believe is 187mph

When you realize that they are doing this on a public lake with no marked areas and anyone could drive across the lake when they are running you can see just what sort of an accident could happen - we are just grateful that it hasn't.

I guess the gas stations around here are rubbing their hands with glee :)

Jayb123

Chief Petty Officer

WOW... thats is totally insane. Im just taking a guess but the boats are trailered like that due to width restrictions?