Lake Eufalla, AL/ GA one Lake in 2 States which license

thebrain

Banned
I'm wanting to try out Lake Eufalla, it's inbetween Alabama & Georgia I have a Georgia fishing license however I intend on putting in on the AL side. is this legal?

I contacted the licesne folks in AL asking if I could fish anywhere in the lake they responded yes.
I did'nt mention putting in on the AL side.

Thanks STB

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
Re: Lake Eufalla, AL/ GA one Lake in 2 States which license

No problemo.

I live in 'Bama and have launched on the Ga. side many times.

thebrain

Banned

I usalley fish in the Gulf & bay in 20 years of fishing only stopped once by the coast guard I have heard on the Lakes the Marine patrol stops every boat looking for drinks, pretending to look for life vests ect.?

heard the world record bass 22Lbs was caught in Euffala.

I bet there would be a problem if I was standing on the bank in Bama fishing.

any suggestion on you'r good spots.
STB

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Right from the GA DNR 2011 Fishing Regulations. You know the one you should pick up when you renew your license. Here are the online regs. Surprisingly you can can bank fish in these AL waters with a GA license.

BTW - George Perry caught the world record Largemouth 22lbs 4oz,, in 1932 in Montgomery Lake, GA. The Eufaula bass was a hoax.

Alabama

Waters Covered: The banks and waters of only that portion of the Chattahoochee River forming the boundary between Georgia and Alabama and Lakes Bartletts Ferry (Harding), George W. Andrews, Goat Rock, Oliver, Seminole, Walter F. George (Eufaula) and West Point. However, this agreement does not include that portion of West Point Reservoir lying upstream (north) of the Georgia Highway 109 bridge on the Chattahoochee River arm of the reservoir. The waters covered by this agreement do not include other streams or tributaries which flow into the Chattahoochee River or its impoundments or the portion of Lake Seminole covered by the reciprocal agreement with Florida. Lake Weiss is not covered by this agreement.​
Creel and Possesion Limits: All creel and possession limits on waters covered by this agreement are the same as Georgia's statewide limits.
Length Limits: Largemouth bass

• West Point - 14 inches
  • Walter F. George - 14 inches
Licenses: All persons meeting the sport fishing requirements of Georgia or Alabama may fish on the banks and waters covered without having to obtain any other license.
All other fishing laws and regulations of the State of Georgia apply in Georgia waters covered by this agreement.

Last edited:

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

As far as the good spots to fish... lotsa luck to you there! That lake is pounded with a gazillion tournaments a year and those fish have seen every trick in the book a hundred times! To put it bluntly, bass fishin' is extremely tough on that lake.

... but if you want to catch an alligator, you've come to the right place!

thebrain

Banned

Right from the GA DNR 2011 Fishing Regulations. You know the one you should pick up when you renew your license. Here are the online regs. Surprisingly you can can bank fish in these AL waters with a GA license.

BTW - George Perry caught the world record Largemouth 22lbs 4oz,, in 1932 in Montgomery Lake, GA. The Eufaula bass was a hoax.

Alabama

Waters Covered: The banks and waters of only that portion of the Chattahoochee River forming the boundary between Georgia and Alabama and Lakes Bartletts Ferry (Harding), George W. Andrews, Goat Rock, Oliver, Seminole, Walter F. George (Eufaula) and West Point. However, this agreement does not include that portion of West Point Reservoir lying upstream (north) of the Georgia Highway 109 bridge on the Chattahoochee River arm of the reservoir. The waters covered by this agreement do not include other streams or tributaries which flow into the Chattahoochee River or its impoundments or the portion of Lake Seminole covered by the reciprocal agreement with Florida. Lake Weiss is not covered by this agreement.​
Creel and Possesion Limits: All creel and possession limits on waters covered by this agreement are the same as Georgia's statewide limits.
Length Limits: Largemouth bass

• West Point - 14 inches
  • Walter F. George - 14 inches
Licenses: All persons meeting the sport fishing requirements of Georgia or Alabama may fish on the banks and waters covered without having to obtain any other license.
All other fishing laws and regulations of the State of Georgia apply in Georgia waters covered by this agreement.
good infor thanks

As far as the good spots to fish... lotsa luck to you there! That lake is pounded with a gazillion tournaments a year and those fish have seen every trick in the book a hundred times! To put it bluntly, bass fishin' is extremely tough on that lake.

... but if you want to catch an alligator, you've come to the right place!
I would like to have a pair of alligator loafers, belt & maybe a vest.
I was actualley targeting crappie at the Lake.

Cadwelder

Lieutenant Commander

Here is NC I fish Lake Wylie more than any lake and it too covers two states, but here you'd better have both license or stay out of whichever state side you don't have a license for. I know several buddies that have been nailed here. Which side you launch on makes no difference here or which is your home state. If you live is South Carolina you'll need an "out-of-state license for the North Carolina side and vice versa.

rockitsauce

Cadet

Such a big body of water too. I was stationed at Benning (Columbus) and lived in the barracks and had a ramp less than 2 miles away and would fish the weekends that I could, could only really go south from there. Fished that river all the way down to the dam a gazillion times. I sure miss those times. I never did get too familiar with what it took to work those waters. The Hooch just doesnt have the brush and veggies that being from FL I am so used too. More drop offs and ledges, crankbaits with which I suck at and Carolina rigged stuff was probably the way to go. I couldnt find a single patch of flippin cover anywhere. You could go to Walter George 20 times a full day each and work it over and still not cover that "lake".