LadyFish Lands a Blue Marlin

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: LadyFish Lands a Blue Marlin

Undoubtedly, the blue marlin is the most respected, most sought-after fish in the world.<br /><br />Many people don't understand the significance of landing one. I'm not sure I did before this past weekend either. I do know its a memory I will take to my grave.<br /><br />I've already been looking at having a replica made now that we have more accurate dimensions.

Braxton

Chief Petty Officer

WOW!!! my dream fish how wonderful. im very proud for you. Braxton :D :D :D

txswinner

Banned

LadyFish what about the whale sharks did you get to see them??

LadyFish

Admiral

No, unfortunately we didn't get a chance to see any. After I caught the Blue Marlin, I was so buzzed, I really didn't care. ;) <br /><br />I hope to get an opporunity like this again someday and possibly swim with the whale sharks. :)

oddjob

Commander

Great story! Awesome fish. Your a great fisherwomen/man Lady fish. :)

brother chris

Commander

Great fish LF, once again! <br />You sure are a great fisherwoman LF <br />Hats off to ya ;) :D :D

D

DJ

LF,<br /><br />Landing one of those was also my fathers dream.<br /><br />He finally did so off of Kona Hawaii at age 67. Took him 5 1/2 hours to boat it. The fish had expired, so they had no choice but to keep it. A 18 foot fish in a 35 foot boat doesn't work so they had to tow into the marina. The boat was a Bayliner too boot! :eek: <br /><br />It went 709 pounds. He said if he ever hooked another one, he'd cut the line.<br /><br />Great job!!!!!!!! An awesome thrill. I'm proud of ya.

LadyFish

Admiral

Thanks CD. You know one of the things that stick in my mind the most is the fishs' eyes. She looked right straight at me, then the deckhand, then the captain. If you look at the pic you can see. Most fishs' eyes are fairly stationary, hers looked all around the boat.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

outstanding!<br /><br />and thanks for sharing the play by play. good job.

davemaxi1970

Petty Officer 1st Class

wow connie I am so happy for you (and a little envious)great story

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Great story with great results, and good pics too. Congrats LF. :) <br /><br />I was also worried about yall with Katrina brewing out there. :eek: <br /><br />The night skies are awsome off shore and one of my reasons for doing so many night time crusies, so many shooting stars its surreal as the ultimate fish. Congrats again LadyFish. :cool: :cool:

LadyFish

Admiral

It was brought to my attention that my pics weren't showing up, so I fixed them. :)

bayman

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Wahoo! That is a great story LF!

NOSLEEP

Commander

WoW! Thats a beauty. Great story LadyFish.<br />Congrats on the Big catch.

heycods

Captain

Great story verry well written. Iv never been to the coast fishing, so I cant Imagine other than seeing this on tv. Guess ill never find out I went to the coast when I was a kid, was on the beach 30 minutes sunburnt so bad I slept setting up in a chair for 2 days.I envy you that experience.

KRS

Banned

So when do you open your charter service for business, I think you'd have us all lined up and ready to go.