Knock-Knock-Knock - - Am I Loosin it???

Solittle

Fleet Admiral
Every evening I usually spend some time here on iboats and other web sites that may strike my fancy rather than watching TV. As I bounce around I usually listen to web radio (great jazz - http://www.kplu.org/whatson/indexlisten.cgi) <br /><br />Once or twice every evening I hear this rather loud Knock-Knock-Knock sound coming from my sound system. Am I going nuts?? <br /><br />Is it coming from iboats?? Web radio?? A friendly virus (I have both Norton & use a firewall)??<br /><br />Any ideas?

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Knock-Knock-Knock - - Am I Loosin it???

remember when the shark was bumping the boat in the movie Jaws while the squid and Clint were getting hammered??????? dumdumdumdumdum.....

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by SoLittle:<br />Once or twice every evening I hear this rather loud Knock-Knock-Knock sound coming from my sound system.
Is this followed by, "Let me outa here"? :D

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

I listen to www.wdvx.com but I don't hear knock, knock, knock. I hear twang, twang, twang.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

One time at work I signed on to AOL IM, and it said "Forbidden" in a loud god like voice.<br /><br />I never tried AOL IM again.<br /><br />Ken

eurolarva

Rear Admiral

Yahoo messenger will do that when a buddy logs in. It is usually two knocks.

Solittle

Fleet Admiral

eurolarva - I do believe you nailed it. I'm running Windows XP with three users. The wife & Tampa daughter use Yahoo messenger to yak back & forth. Bet that is it - - Thanks - - thought I'd lost it.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by eurolarva:<br /> Yahoo messenger will do that when a buddy logs in. It is usually two knocks.
But it will say with a little pop up window that so and so has logged on.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Don't believe anything anyone on the board has told you SoLittle. They always knock first before coming in. They just want to talk a little that's all.

KaGee

Admiral

Maybe it's little grey men trying to communicate.<br /> :p

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Its Mick and the boys ( the Rolling Stones) They are playing the live version of "Can't You Hear Me Knockin" just for you.<br /><br />Let them in, maybe they will bring the girl from "Star Star" with them. ( for those not familiar, do a lyric search)

Link

Rear Admiral

Opppps sorry about that. I was trying to get your attention and when you didn't answer a post I tried Tapping on the screen saying "Hello-0 you there SOLITTLE" didn't think about you being on another website. I won't do it no-moe! ;)

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Are you using synthetic oil in your system or are you using the recomended brand? :p

SpinnerBait_Nut

Let's blame the President.<br />He gets blamed for everything anyway.<br />It's George's fault. :p

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by SBN:<br /> Let's blame the President.<br />He gets blamed for everything anyway.<br />It's George's fault. :p
The only knocking type sound I hear when I am on iboats is when I start banging my head on the keyboard while reading how the president is to blame for everything. :p

ndemge

Commander

our upstairs computer is in son's room. (worm wripper)... had to make sure the sound was off before going to bed every night, use YIM to talk to wife during the day, he'd run into our room in the middle of the night scared to death, he'd either hear the "knock knock" or even worse, the "squeaky door" of someone getting offline

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

"Knock three times on the ceiling if you want me, twice on the pipes if the answer is no"<br /><br />but at any rate you can't blame the current administration when it was Clinton's VP who invented the internet in the first place!

Carphunter

Commander

Don't "knock" it if you haven't tried it.<br /><br />.....I just wanted to use the word "Knock" in a sentence.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

You wanna hear some real "white-noise" strangeness from your puter? Call someone on the cell phone, then hold it close to your CPU....<br />Fun with RFI. :)