Kinda hope Ford goes broke

colbyt

Master Chief Petty Officer
As I am getting 10 or so spammer emails a day and being assaulted here with Fords ads I sorta wish they would go broke and put an end to this nonsense.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner
Re: Kinda hope Ford goes broke

Use firefox. Works great for me and no annoying ad's

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

As I am getting 10 or so spammer emails a day and being assaulted here with Fords ads I sorta wish they would go broke and put an end to this nonsense.

iboats isn't sending you emails, and even if I turn my adblocker off for a while, I don't see any Ford advertisements here.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

I am not seeing any Ford ad's at all, as far a spam, the majority of the time, they are not being sent by the company, they are being sent by others claiming to be the company. All I do is filter them and they automatically dump after a few days. Folks get used to it, unsolicited email is a fact of life now a days, just learn how to set your email program and your browser up and they will never bother you. It takes a proactive stance to keep your browser and email client clean, it ain't going to happen on its own, if you don't like then do something about it. B!tching here is not going to do anything.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

No Ford here either.......

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

And to add,

I really hope not, I have 5 vehicles and they are all Fords, I would be SOL without my Fords!

LOL

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Your pain is self inflicted!!! You are probably getting pop-ups based on your browsing. Clear your cookies and cache (you will probably have to re-sign in to most web sites).......that should eliminate the pop-ups and install some anti spam software and label the spam as such.

I have been there...... done that....... and even have the T shirt. :D

I would hate to see anyone go out of business and un-employ many of our member's who work!!

chriscraft254

Commander

^^^ What he said, and please tell me the op is really not from Kentucky. He must surely not realize how many people in his local economy are Employed by Ford!! This is Ford country! :facepalm:

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Ford ads here.
One on each side of the screen, The new 2013 F150, click to watch the video.
These ads have been here for a few weeks.

No popups.
No spam emails.

southkogs

Staff member

I am not seeing any Ford ad's at all...

...I don't see any Ford advertisements here.

... Kinda' found these two posts funny (no offense guys) because of what was on my screen:
Screen Shot 2013-01-06 at 11.12.36 PM.jpg

I don't really get pop-ups, and kinda' thought these two banners were normal. Anyway - I kinda' like Ford, myself.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

I used to get them a lot until I installed firefox. All gone now and a much faster and smoother browser.

Lyle29464

Lieutenant

I dont get them on IE. Years ago I always got the Chevy ads and some one on here told us how to block them. Dont remember the steps.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

... Kinda' found these two posts funny (no offense guys) because of what was on my screen:
View attachment 178348

I don't really get pop-ups, and kinda' thought these two banners were normal. Anyway - I kinda' like Ford, myself.

Well I am glad someone showed me what they are talking about, because I have never seen them.

PS94

Petty Officer 1st Class

If Ford goes broke, it'll just join the other 2 automakers that had poor products and got bailed out....but they didn't....and make a Raptor. ;)

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Sorry to tell ya this Colby, but I'll be giving the blue oval guys a grand this afternoon, so they won't be going broke today.:laugh:

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

What a difference a day makes, yesterday I didn't get the Ford ads when I shut off the ad-blocker, today I do.

Without ad-blocker without.jpg

With ad-blocker with.jpg

I guess my question would be this. Why don't YOU have an ad-blocker?

bassman284

Commander

What a difference a day makes, yesterday I didn't get the Ford ads when I shut off the ad-blocker, today I do.

Without ad-blocker View attachment 178368

With ad-blocker View attachment 178369

I guess my question would be this. Why don't YOU have an ad-blocker?

Now THAT is interesting. I turned ad-blocker off to get in on the fun but haven't seen anything like that. I don't remember ever seeing ads on both sides of the forum page. There's essentially no space on the left side of mine.

CatTwentyTwo

Chief Petty Officer

At least the pop up at the bottom hasn't come back yet.