Kids. You got to love 'em

ehenry

Commander
Re: Kids. You got to love 'em

Sam Magee, when I read the post about your daughter and her boyfriend I had to throw this in. Its sorta long so bear with me.<br /><br />This past Sunday we noticed that our son was distraught over something but we didn't know what. The wife went in and asked him what was bothering him since he'll usually talk to her before he will me. He told her nothing then she asked if he needed anything from Wal-Mart or if he wanted to go with her. Again, he said nothing and no. The wife came back and something is definately wrong with him and she left. <br /><br />Well, I wasn't real worried about it and settled in to watch the NASCAR race. After about an hour and a half a storm blew up and knocked out the satellite so I kocked on his door to see if he might be watching a DVD or something. When I opened the door there he was, sitting at his desk holding a picture of him and his girlfriend and he was crying. They had broken up. I went and sat on the end of his bed and asked him what was up and he told me. I told him I knew what he was feeling because I'd lived it myself. That it felt like someone ripped his heart out by the roots and nothing I was going to say was going to make him feel any better but that I was there if he wanted to talk. About 20 minutes later he came out and I told him about the breakup of me and my first girlfriend and different things he may encounter in his dating and such as that. With that he went back in his room and closed the door and I went out on the back porch to fool with the dog and watch it rain. I heard this loud noise from inside the house, I go in and see a hand sticking through Kyle's beroom door. He'd put his fist through it. I didn't get on him but I told him if he had to hit something he needed to go out and fight the oak tree in the back yard and not to tear my house up and he owed me a door.<br /><br />To wind this story up, yesterday he finally talked to the wife about the breakup and told her that...(watch out for swelling head here).....talking to Daddy made him feel better and that he'd decided he wanted to date other girls and be able to do more things. <br /><br />Being a parent sure has its heartbreaking moments and moments when it makes you feel so good you want to just bust.

LadyFish

Admiral

Thats a heartwarming post EF. Unfortunately love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss and ends with a tear. Nothing in the world hurts more than to see our children with a broken heart.<br /><br />Glad you could make him feel better and made him realize no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. :)

Throbbin Rods

Petty Officer 1st Class

My 20 year old daughter hasn't had much time for me the last few years. Right after she went to college her boyfriend decided to have a little fun with a local Ho. When she came home she went out with him and found out. She bailed out of his car at 2AM, walked 2 miles to a store (this kid is afraid of the dark too). By the time we got home the lip was quivering. Then she launched into a fit of cussing that made metake notes, then threw her arms around me and hugged me to death while she was sobbing these deep heart wrenching sobs. I'll tell you what, I wanted to go find that kid and snap his freakin spine. That night she needed Daddy and Daddy was there. You have to take it where you get it when they are that age.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Thank you efhenry. I try to keep those things in mind. However, with a girl it's like throbbin mentioned. They cuss and yell and throw things. Boys tend to get it out of their system by hitting something or someone. That's why I keep a punching bag in the garage. Of course this was after losing a couple doors around the house. :)

ebbtide176

Commander

- once we were walking into a restaurant, and our 4yro daughter spotted a large woman leaving. just as the woman passed us, our girl said "wow mom! that lady ATE ALL HER FOOD!"<br /><br />- once during church, we had just sat down from singing, and our girl was still standing on the bench. she looked over at me, and in a normal voice(carries well in a church) and giggled "i just pooted!" - i have no idea who taught that to her...