Kids. You got to love 'em

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
NUDITY ( Not What U Are Thinking )<br />I was driving with my three young children one warm summer evening when a woman in the convertible ahead of us stood up and waved. She was stark naked! As I was reeling from the shock, I heard my 5-year-old shout from the back seat, "Mom! That lady isn't wearing a seat belt! <br /><br /> HONESTY <br />My son Zachary, 4, came screaming out of the bathroom to tell me he'd dropped his toothbrush in the toilet. So I fished it out and threw it in the garbage. Zachary stood there thinking for a moment, then ran to my bathroom and came out with my toothbrush. He held it up and said with a charming little smile, "We better throw this one out too then, 'cause it fell in the toilet a few days ago. <br /><br /> OPINIONS <br />On the first day of school, a first-grader handed his teacher a Note from his mother. The note read, "The opinions expressed by this child are not necessarily those of his parents." <br /><br /> KETCHUP <br />A woman was trying hard to get the ketchup to come out of the jar. During her struggle the phone rang so she asked her 4-year-old daughter to answer the phone. "It's the minister, Mommy," the child said to her mother. Then she added, "Mommy can't come to the phone to talk to you right now. She's hitting the bottle." <br /><br /><br /> MORE NUDITY <br />A little boy got lost at the YMCA and found himself in the women's locker room. When he was spotted, the room burst into shrieks, with ladies grabbing towels and running for cover. The little boy watched in amazement and then asked, "What's the matter haven't you ever seen a little boy before?" <br /><br /> POLICE # 1 <br />While taking a routine vandalism report at an elementary school, I was interrupted by a little girl about 6 years old. Looking up and down at my uniform, she asked, "Are you a cop?" "Yes," I answered and continued writing the report. "My mother said if I ever needed help I should ask the police. Is that right?" "Yes, that's right," I told her. "Well, then," she said as she extended her foot toward me, "would you please tie my shoe?"<br /><br /> POLICE # 2 <br />It was the end of the day when I parked my police van in front of the station. As I gathered my equipment, my K-9 partner, Jake, was barking, and I saw a little boy staring in at me. "Is that a dog you got back there?" he asked.. "It sure is," I replied. Puzzled, the boy looked at me and then towards the back of the van. Finally he said, "What'd he do?"<br /><br /> ELDERLY <br />While working for an organization that delivers lunches to elderly shut-ins, I used to take my 4-year-old daughter on my afternoon rounds. The various appliances of old age, particularly the canes, walkers and wheelchairs, unfailingly intrigued her. One day I found her staring at a pair of false teeth soaking in a glass. As I braced myself for the inevitable barrage of questions, she merely turned and whispered, "The tooth fairy will never believe this!" <br /><br /> DRESS-UP <br />A little girl was watching her parents dress for a party. When she saw her dad donning his tuxedo, she warned, "Daddy, you shouldn't wear that suit." "And why not, darling?" "You know that it always gives you a headache the next morning." <br /><br /> DEATH <br />While walking along the sidewalk in front of his church, our minister heard the intoning of a prayer that nearly made his collar wilt. Apparently, his 5-year-old son and his playmates had found a dead robin. Feeling that proper burial should be performed, they had secured a small box and cotton batting, then dug a hole and made ready for the disposal of the deceased. The minister's son was chosen to say the appropriate prayers and with sonorous dignity intoned his version of what he thought his Father always said: "Glory be unto the Faaaather, and unto the Sonnn .... and into the hole he gooooes."<br /><br /> SCHOOL <br />A little girl had just finished her first week of school. "I'm just wasting my time," she said to her mother. "I can't read, I can't write and they won't let me talk!"<br /><br /> BIBLE <br />A little boy opened the big family bible. He was fascinated as he fingered through the old pages. Suddenly, something fell out of the Bible. He picked up the object and looked at it. What he saw was an old leaf that had been pressed in between the pages. "Mama, look what I found", the boy called out." What have you got there, dear?" With astonishment in the young boy's voice, he answered, "I think it's Adam's underwear!"

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Kids. You got to love 'em

:D <br />True story...<br />When my son was about 4 yrs old, I had him in the shopping cart at the local Safeway when another shopper was approaching from the other direction. The man behind the cart looked a mess. He had long stringy, greasy hair, unshaven, dirty tank top over his overly tatooed body. He looked like he had just removed the engine from his 1978 Fairmont. My son watched him intently until just as the man began to pass us, clearly within earshot, my son looks up at me and asks...<br /><br />"Dad, Is that a bad guy?" :eek: <br /><br />The guy just turned and smiled :rolleyes:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

All very good ones!!!<br /><br />My crazy 8 year old son just last night changed out of his wet swimsuit right in front of everybody, when the bathroom was 5 feet away.<br /><br />Ken

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

My 13 month old sees the wife on the phone so much, she now picks it up herself (and other things, magazines, toys, etc), holds it up to her ear and says "hello" and starts babbling away. If the phone starts ringing when she has it she runs over and gives it to you. Amazes me.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

True story: my nephew, when he was 4 years old, decided he didn't like being the only red-head in his family. He asked his mom (my sister), "why do I have red hair?" She gave a simplified explanation about heredity, but he just couldn't accept it. She finally just said, "I guess God wanted you to have red hair."<br /><br />Trey closed his eyes & bowed his head for about 10 seconds, then looked up and said with a big smile, "what color is it now?"

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

True story of when my second son was about 4 or 5. He was sitting on someone lap, and that somone had a brush in thier hand. They were holding it up moving it gesturing as they talked. It kept it's position in front of my son the whole time it was moving.<br /><br />The next thing we hear during a pause in the chatter, is my son saying "Hello Mr brush." And looking at it with fascination.

ehenry

Commander

When my boy had just learned to talk i saw him standing in the kitchen with both his hands in his pants. I wondered if he needed to go to the bathroom I asked him "What ya doing, Kyle?" To which he replied (this is no lie) "Playing with my D." I almost died. I said "you're what?!?!" and he said it again "Playing with my D." I started thinking where in world did he learn that. All my fears were put to rest when we got him ready for bed and a small plastic D that was a refridgerator magnet fell out of his underware.

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

When an aunt who is very well endowed & wearing a tight tank top was visiting, my 4 year old daughter looked for a while then commented, "You sure have big muscles."<br />Their wasn't a dry eye in the house after we stopped laughing. And that took a while.

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

LOL!!! Those were great! :D <br /><br />Nowadays, my daughters (twins) are 18 years old and just about to graduate high school. It is getting so crazy, I feel like I have to dust them for fingerprints! There's all sorts of boys calling and coming over to the house. Some of them I know, some I don't, and some I want to run a FBI background check on!<br /><br />For the older dads with daughters: How did you survive this stage?<br /><br />Butch A.

ndemge

Commander

Just last night...<br /><br />I'm in the house, wife outside letting the 4.5yo fill his little 5' wide plastic pool up with the hose.<br /><br />she comes inside for a minute, as she comes in, I look out the window to see him spraying full stream into my '71 Chevy Van's open driver's door.<br /><br /><br />Luckily, this van is PRE-restoration right now, and there wasn't anything inside to be damaged.<br /><br />Keep those windows up!<br />Never know when the lil one wants to do you a favor and "Wash" it.<br /><br />He was trying to do a nice thing, had to just explain to him the concept of Windows.

ehenry

Commander

We had to dig a PB&J sandwich out of the VCR once. Kyle is 16 now and we still poke at him abou the D episode.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

ButchA, I have two step daughters. One is 17 and the other 15. The 17 year old is living with an aunt in Mi right now, because she can't stay out of trouble. The house is much quieter with out her there trying to run things, and run with her drug dealin boyfriend.<br /><br />The 15 year old, I like to make sure I am cleaning the guns when boyfriends come to visit. I also make it point to tell them about things I see on my hidden cameras. They get embarased when you mention to them to watch where they place their hands, when they think you can't see them. It also helps that I stay up late at times. That always keeps them guessing. You also have to learn to look at the boyfriends like a you are sizing them for a coffin. My wife says I intimidate the girl's boyfriends and that's why they don't bring many over.<br /><br />I think having girls in the house is a full time security job. My boys so far have been fairly calm compared to these girls.<br /><br />At any rate I don't have any full proof ways to deal with the dogs sniffin around the house. I have to go now. Later

ehenry

Commander

Ratshot works on sniffin dogs.

SpinnerBait_Nut

ButchA, I had and raised 3 girls, the youngest now 21, and the oldest, 30, and never really had any problems with "sniffin dogs".<br /><br />Might have had something to do with me looking like Grizzly Adams or something, I don't know.<br /><br />At any rate, the "dogs" always knew where the line was and they never crossed it as far as I know.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

ButchA & Samagee:<br /><br />Eight Rules for Dating My Daughter<br /><br />Rule 1. If you pull into my driveway and honk, you’d better be delivering a package, because you’re sure as heck not picking anything up.<br /><br />Rule 2. You do not touch my daughter in front of me. You may glance at her, so long as you do not peer at anything below her neck. If you cannot keep your eyes or hands off my daughter’s body, I will remove them.<br /><br />Rule 3. I am aware that it is considered fashionable for boys of your age to wear their trousers so loosely that they appear to be falling off their hips. Please don’t take this as an insult, but you and all of your friends are complete idiots. Still, I want to be fair and open-minded about this issue, so I propose this compromise: You may come to the door with your underwear showing and your pants ten sizes too big, and I will not object. However, in order to assure that your clothes do not, in fact, come off during the course of your date with my daughter, I will take my electric staple gun and fasten your trousers securely in place around your waist.<br /><br />Rule 4. I’m sure you’ve been told that in today’s world, sex without utilizing a “barrier method” of some kind can kill you. Let me elaborate: When it comes to sex, I am the barrier, and I WILL kill you.<br /><br />Rule 5. In order for us to get to know each other, we should talk about sports, politics, and other issues of the day. Please do not do this. The only information I require from you is an indication of when you expect to have my daughter safely back at my house, and the only word I need from you on this subject is “early”.<br /><br />Rule 6. I have no doubt that you are a popular fellow, with many opportunities to date other girls. This is fine with me as long as it is okay with my daughter. Otherwise, once you have gone out with my little girl, you will continue to date no one but her until she is finished with you. If you make her cry, I will make YOU cry.<br /><br />Rule 7. As you stand in my front doorway, waiting for my daughter to appear, and more than an hour goes by, do not sigh and fidget. If you want to be on time for the movie, you should not be dating. My daughter is putting on her makeup, a process which can take longer than painting the Golden Gate Bridge. Instead of just standing there, why don’t you do something useful, like changing the oil in my car?<br /><br />Rule 8. The following places are not appropriate for a date with my daughter: Places where there are beds, sofas, or anything softer than a wooden stool. Places where there is darkness. Places where there is dancing, holding hands, or happiness. Places where the ambient temperature is warm enough to induce my daughter to wear shorts, tanktops, midriff T-shirts, or anything other than overalls, a sweater, and a goose down parka zipped up to her Adam’s apple. Movies with a strong romantic or sexual theme are to be avoided; movies which feature chainsaws are okay. Hockey games are okay.

Butch Ammon

Petty Officer 1st Class

BrianFD,<br /><br />Thank you. Those were terrific! I especially like #4 and #6. :D <br /><br />Butch A.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Those were great BrainFD. <br /><br />My 15 year old has been in tears a few times over this past week. The boyfriend of hers has graduated and has been standing her up at times. I tried to tell her that he is just enjoying his new found freedom a little to much, and staying out late with friends. I have told her that it is to the best of his health, that he has not tried to keep her out with them. So she should be happy that she isn't crying at his funeral.<br /><br />On a side note, this kid is a really cool kid and knows the boundarys very well. He tip toes around us so as not to get my trigger finger moving, which helps. I have had to hide my wife's gun from her though. All the crying has upset the wife. He is just having fun with his friends until he goes to boot camp. He works alot and has a good head on his shoulders. He just needs to get some experience with dating girls, in order to know how not to make the girls cry.

livebait

Seaman Apprentice

Gotta add just one more.<br /><br />The grandchildren were over last evening and I was talking to Hailey (five years old) she said papaw I have two new friends; they are twins. I said Hailey that is great how old are they? She looks at me and said papaw they are the same age; they are twins.<br /><br />Livebait

gaugeguy

Captain

A little boy and his father were standing in line at the grocery store behind a really large woman. She was dressed like an executive and was wearing a beeper. The little boy was bored and could not stop looking at the woman. Finally, he said to his father, "Dad, look at the size of her rear!" The father was appalled and said, "Shh! Son, Its not nice to talk that way about other people!" So, after being quiet for a while longer, the little boy said "Dad, take a look at the size of her legs!" and again the dad says, "Shh! son , you're embarrassing me!" It wasn't long after that when her beeper went off, and the boy shouted, "Look out Dad, she's backing up!"

SpinnerBait_Nut

ahhhh gaugeguy, don't get me started on the "Yo momma so fat" jokes now.