Keys Fishing

maldoro

Seaman
I headed to the keys for a week and looking to have some fish for dinner. Looking for coordinates for fishing holes off of Marathon and Cudjoe. I'm equipted with a Downrigger and flatlines. Yellowtail would be fantastic!

capt sam

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Keys Fishing

not to come off like a jerk but no-one that I know would give up any numbers. I've got numbers I don't share with close friends. Your best bet is to go to myfwc.com or get a Top Spot chart and use their numbers, also fish the bridges at night with some silversides, you should do well.

fishon13

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Keys Fishing

It might be a little late in the year but try some patch reef fishing. work up a good chum and flat line into it with a small piece of bait. I tie my own flies for this 1/16, 1/8, 1/4 oz depending on the depth there holding important to stay the chum line. I've caught my largest flags and muntin using this tecnique. You could also try some dough balling for the flags (my favorite fish to eat after snook). I've also caught some huge snapper off 7 mile with shrimp sight fishing. You also might want to try no name bridge. Where ever you go I'm jealous it's been 3 years since I've been able to return to my native stompping grounds.