Kerry the Yachtsman - JFK's boats

Ralph 123

Captain
Here interesting info on Kerry's boats. Anybody want to take a stab at the total value of them?<br /><br />
09.17.04.boat_01.jpg
<br /><br />
09.17.04.boat_02.jpg
<br />
09.17.04.boat_03.jpg
<br />
09.17.04.boat_04.jpg
<br />
09.17.04.boat_05.jpg
<br /><br />Here is a pic of the "Scaramouche"<br /><br />
09.13.04.Kerrys_boat_02.jpg
<br /><br />Checkout how he used his influence not to pay the registration fees!<br /><br />Total value estimate anyone?

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Kerry the Yachtsman - JFK's boats

Don't care...but the title says it's a Contender. I didn't know they made Contenders in that style. They are a popular vessel down here in Fla, but are usually big center console with twin O/B's mounted on the transom.<br />That thing looks like a Cris Craft...They don't take to our channels too well down here, but there are several around.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Meaningless gossip.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

"Scaramouche" looks like an Eastbay...

Ralph 123

Captain

Scaramouche is a 2002 Little Harbor Whisperjet 42, value guessed at $1.2M<br /><br /><br />The Contender 27' Center Console Fisherman is worth around $100K<br /><br />The Contender 35' tbd

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Ralph:<br /> Scaramouche is a 2002 Little Harbor Whisperjet 42, value guessed at $1.2M<br /><br /><br />The Contender 27' Center Console Fisherman is worth around $100K<br /><br />The Contender 35' tbd
I had the opertunity to fish a Contender 31' with twin Yammy225's,and full Furuno 'lectronics... Whatta machine!! The capt, a really neat person, also let me take the helm for a while. It handled like a Hateras, but manuevered like a BW skiff.<br />SaaaWeeet! If I had mad-money, I'd get rid of it (so I wouldn't go mad), and buy me one-o-those.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I doubt he really "owns" any of these, from what I have heard, he never had a real job, cept being in congress, and marrying rich women.<br /><br />Nice boats though.<br /><br />I saw him on TV a few weeks ago on a small 18ft boat and the bottom was all covered in growth. Maybe it was a rental?<br /><br />Ken

Ralph 123

Captain

I think that may be the first title kenimpzoom <br />the 18' Dinghy for the Scaramouche<br /><br />Just to put these things in a little context - these boats have been a hot topic in Boston for a while, especially the Scaramouche. So a local radio talk show host and Boston Herald columnist Howie Carr went and pulled the public docs and started a scavenger hunt to find the Scaramouche. Someone found it and took pics. He was curious about the total value of all these boats and Friday asked for help.<br /><br />You can read about it and some other local "gossip" Kerry stuff, including his Nam bonus here:<br /><br /> http://www.wrko.com/listingsEntry.asp?ID=177492&PT= <br /><br />Note from the docs that Kerry is using his pull to avoid paying the fees and taxes for the boats here in MA.