Kentucky Boater!!

chop1036

Recruit
Re: Kentucky Boater!

Its a great place. Which lake do you put in? Kentucky or Barkley?

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

Both, depends on where I am going, there is so much to do that all I have to do is decide:rolleyes: then do it, I go on both sides mostly every time we go!
youve been here?

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

Kentucky Lake is a little rough for me. I normally stay on the Barkley side. My wifes Grandparents have a condo at Moon Bay Harbor so we stay there when we go. I love it down there! :)

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

OH ya your not too far from here at all, your right about kentucky lake being rough, but some times thats the fun of it, gets my bood pumping, makes feel so alive:D, My wife will be on shore at our spot and I take her out and have a blast hitting every big wave or wake I can, I completely jump the wave and boat gets completely out of water, I LOVE it!! Nice boat you got there!!

chop1036

Recruit

Depending on what day of the week, KY Lake can get pretty rough from all of the traffic. I usually put in at Wildcat and stay in Blood River area. Sometimes I will run north to Kenlake, but generally stay south and on TN side.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

I live in Paducah, KY. we should all get together some time just to say Whats up! and we can all be underway to enjoy the day with your(our) families.

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

OH ya your not too far from here at all, your right about kentucky lake being rough, but some times thats the fun of it, gets my bood pumping, makes feel so alive:D, My wife will be on shore at our spot and I take her out and have a blast hitting every big wave or wake I can, I completely jump the wave and boat gets completely out of water, I LOVE it!! Nice boat you got there!!

Boat jumping is always fun. We "accidently" jumped our Baja in the canal between Barkley and KY Lake a few weeks ago. I really didn't see the big swell and we hit it at about 50 mph. It felt like we flew forever! :D

We're headed for Table Rock lake in the morning.... time for vacation! :)

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

I live in Paducah, KY. we should all get together some time just to say Whats up! and we can all be underway to enjoy the day with your(our) families.

How about an iboats.com raft-up on KY or Barkley lake?.... I'm in for sure!

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

Have fun!! I might be crazy but I am not stupid! You CAN have a blast and still be safe, I always turn and head straight dead on so I hit them the right way, then it can be alot of fun, I never hit them sideways, that can get dangerous, only straight on. Have a great time and enjoy your boat the way it was intended too.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

How about an iboats.com raft-up on KY or Barkley lake?.... I'm in for sure!

That sounds like fun!! We need to put a post and find out how many L.B.L boaters there are, right by the quarry there is a beautiful site, big enough for plenty of boats and has a bathroom and every thing, plenty of ground for a huge picnic and beach the boats too!! Like a weekend bash, plenty of places to put in at all along there.

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

I think your talking about Pisgah Bay. Thats where they race the drag boats and they have several camp sites near the water. Smith Bay is cool too. Its right next to Pisgah. I think Smith Bay has the only sandy beach on the KY side.

On the Barkley side, Davenport Bay is fun (just a short trip from Buzzard Rock). Or Eddy Creek would be a nice place to meet up.

Hopefully others will see this and post if they are interested....

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

All those places are close, any one of them would be great, we were just at pisgah bay last weekend, the water is very calm, but the out house and campsites were pretty trashy:confused: Any where would be good, an all day Sat event, show up in the morning go home in the late afternoon 5-7pm, sounds like a great day, every one can bring what their family likes and we can all have a blast!! If you know of some really good spots I am open to suggestions, I don't mind driving, all the spots you mentioned I go by boat any way, I put in at Nickel Branch.
http://www.lbl.org/LBLGeneralMap.pdf

Attachments

• Beached.JPG
    Beached.JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Waven' Bye (2).JPG
    Waven' Bye (2).JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 0
  • side veiw.JPG
    side veiw.JPG
    38.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Paula & Dixie.JPG
    Paula & Dixie.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 0
  • water.JPG
    water.JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 0

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Guys and Gals, i think a Kentucy raft up, campout, etc is a great idea. if you need help i will be glad to help you, but it is a little far for me to attend. i am getting the 2nd annual Florida Campout together for April of 2010.

i am starting thread just for your raft up.

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander

Thanks Tashasdaddy! sure any help would be great! I have never been to a Raft up before! let alone orginized one, It sounds like a lot of fun, hope I am not the only one who shows up:D, Oh well I would have just as much as I always do If I was!

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Ketucky Boater!!

Re: Ketucky Boater!!

Had a great weekend!

642mx

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Kentucky Boater!!

Table Rock was fun too. Nothing like blowing 2 of the 4 leaf springs out on the trailer, spending 2 days looking for parts, and then driving 500 miles in the rain pulling the boat.... :(

On the flip side... Table Rock was pretty cool and we did have a good time. :)

WAVENBYE2

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Kentucky Boater!!

This is the truck!!

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 0
  • truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 0