Kennys Big Adventure

KennyKenCan

Commander
For my 2000th post, I get to advise everyone of my adventure to Texas.<br /><br />I will be leaving tomorrow morning to head down to meet up with LadyFish, Mr. LadyFish, KeltonKrew, and anyone else who shows up.<br /><br />So, everyone be good while I'm gone, and I'll let everyone know how the trip went, once I get back.<br /><br />Till then, be safe, be happy, be good. :cool:

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Kennys Big Adventure

Go west, young man! A place where man can breathe free. Viva Tejas!

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by KKC:<br /> and I'll let everyone know how the trip went, once I get back.<br />
I'm sure we'll hear about it before you get back KKC. :p <br /><br />Have a great trip

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br />
Originally posted by KKC:<br /> and I'll let everyone know how the trip went, once I get back.<br />
I'm sure we'll hear about it before you get back KKC. :p <br /><br />Have a great trip
Oh I gaurantee it. :D ;)

LubeDude

Admiral

Your truck is bugged, we will follow you all the way by satilite. :D :D :D

Link

Rear Admiral

Be sure to turn the Blonde Star on ;)

KennyKenCan

Commander

Hi everyone!<br /><br />I made it!!<br /><br />Only took 26 hrs. 56 min.<br /><br />So far, everything is exactly as expected!<br /><br />Well, just figured I'd say hello.<br /><br />I'll update as soon as possible.

aspeck

Staff member

KK and KKC in Texas! YIKES! Hope the state can take it!<br /><br />Kenneth Brown, be on your guard, there is trouble brewin'!

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

OK, we just got home from the KeltonKrew household. Mike and his wife Sheri are great people and after 10 minutes in their company you feel like you've known them for years. They have a beautiful home and no reservations about making you feel comfortable. Now Kenny is a whole different story. He's a Texan with a Yankee accent and a hat to match. He's a great guy and we're looking forward to him coming to Galveston this weekend. With his attitude & personality he'll make a great addition to the Lonestar state. This is the first time we've met members of the iboats community and if these three people are any indication I hope we get to meet many more. Meeting people you have conversed with over the internet is always an iffy proposition but we sure hit the bullseye with these folks.<br /><br />Our evening started with meeting Kenny & Mike at Mike's house at about 4:30. LF was a nervous wreck on the way there but Kenny & Mike are such great guys that she quickly relaxed. Sheri came home a short while later and then the stories started. I don't know how Mike was able to keep his cooking eye on what he was doing because the rest of us were holding our sides from laughing. <br /><br />Kenny brought a bunch of big ol lobsters and a bag of clams all the way down from his home on Long Island. Mike cooked fresh catfish fillets, the best hush puppies I have ever eaten, and some fried onions. Then Sheri brought out some homemade bread that just melted in your mouth. I can't remember when I've eaten so much and everythingwas so good. I was hitting the full/stuffed mark but couldn't decide what to have last. I opted for my sixth piece of Sheri's bread. As I sit here typing I think I've got a little more room so I may just have some more before I hit the sack. They gave us a bunch of leftovers so tomorrow promises to be great eats again. <br /><br />I guess to sum it up we got to make some new friends, stuff our selves with their generosity and came home wishing it was a weekend so we could spend more time with them. If any of y'all have a chance to meet any of these 3 members of iboats don't hesitate for a second. <br /><br />P.S. Mike has done a remarkable job of restoring his Whaler. It really is beautiful, a piece of art, and unlike most Whaler owners I have met he's not an arrogant pr*ck.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Mr.Ladyfish:<br />P.S. Mike has done a remarkable job of restoring his Whaler. It really is beautiful, a piece of art, and unlike most Whaler owners I have met he's not an arrogant pr*ck.
Hush your mouth on the food deal.<br />Mike and Sheri got me on this diet and then they cook food like that. :D <br /><br />Oh yea, self edit: on the whaler owners. ;)

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer

SBN this was like no diet I ever heard of before. I just ate another of piece of Sherie's bread. There's only one piece left. Do I be a selfish b*stard & eat it or do I save it for LF? I hate these moral dilemas. (sp?) If I don't get off this board and go to bed she's gonna miss out. That will probably **** her off. But If I don't go eat that last one I'm gonna kick myself tomorrow.

Link

Rear Admiral

Mr.LadyFish<br />
Meeting people you have conversed with over the internet is always an iffy proposition
Not saying throw caution to the wind but in a forum like this, in this day and age where you send or post pics and get to know people a whole lot better its not like the 83-84 days when it was just LL (Land Line) BBS's. I just dated myself with the LL LOL<br /><br />But for all of you to get together at someones home and have such a good time is something special/great indeed.<br /><br />Spinner<br />
Mike and Sheri got me on this diet and then they cook food like that.
Bet they put Mr.LadyFish up to posting that :D <br /><br /> Mr.LadyFish<br />
That will probably **** her off. But If I don't go eat that last one I'm gonna kick myself tomorrow
Go for it! And if we don't hear from ya for a couple days.. well we will know why! :p :p

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Mr.Ladyfish:<br /> SBN this was like no diet I ever heard of before.
Yea I know Mr. Ladyfish.<br />They got me on this low everything diet.<br />Bread!!!! Ha!!!! Out of the question.<br /><br />I have never clucked and jumped around so much in my whole life. :D

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Well, it was a great time. Don't have much time to post now but I wanted to Thank MR. LF and LF for coming over. It was great to finally meet them. Granted, they didn't get there till 4:30 Kenny and I started with a tour of Houston around 11:30 am. Got to the house, fired up my smoker with mesquite and put the corn on.<br /><br />Kenny was amazed that I was putting the corn on at 1:30 and we weren't eating until 6:30 or so.....Had to educate him on low and slow smoking. <br /><br />Rod and Connie are super people. It was very easy to talk to them and we did feel like we've known them for years.<br /><br />and I'll ditto Rod......I wish it was the weekend so we could have kept going, but however we had to do the career thing today.<br /><br />Sorry SBN on the food....this was a special occasion.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

sounds like fun :) <br />amazing how this site has brought so many folks<br />from all over together.<br />good luck Kenny,<br />M.Y.

Carphunter

Commander

Man, i'm jealous, sounds like y'all had a great time. <br />I'll ditto what MY said, good luck Kenny!<br /><br />.......How come nobody wants to come to Indiana? :( ............... :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br />How come nobody wants to come to Indiana? :( ............... :D
Where boubts in Indiana Carpy?