Keep the inflatable you have or get a 10 foot Rib

ronaldj

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I am only speaking to people who keep there boats in the car. Trailoring a boat is not part of this discussion. Zodiac has a 10 foot Rib with a fold up transom that weighs 106 pounds As does Achellies and Mercury Ab Inflatables has an Ultralite 10 foot Rib that has a fold up transom and an aluminum bottom that weighs 87 pounds Would you keep what have a Sib or goto one of the Ribs

ronaldj

Hi, last time i went boating a guy had a http://porta-bote.com/ , he was ready in like 15 minutes , with a 6hp suzuki on it. Do you know this brand Pascal
I helped a guy launch one on Sunday. He was running a 2hp motor on it. I ant see taking one of those to most of the places my zodiac goes. I don't have buyers remorse because I truly like my boat, but if I had known about the 10 foot aluminum hull Rib with a foldable transom and 20 pounds lighter than my air floor boat. I would have jumped on it in a minute. A 60 pound Rib that fits in your car or truck is amazing

Lund_bC

Petty Officer 2nd Class
i have a 8ft apex rib and i deflate it and slide it iside of a toyota previa van and can shut the door, it takes me less than 10 minutes to pump the tubes and maybe 5 more to throw the motor and tank in and get going.. it's pretty quick setup.

ronaldj

i have a 8ft apex rib and i deflate it and slide it iside of a toyota previa van and can shut the door, it takes me less than 10 minutes to pump the tubes and maybe 5 more to throw the motor and tank in and get going.. it's pretty quick setup.
Thanks for the Apex information I will look at there 12 foot sib

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Hi,
last time i went boating a guy had a http://porta-bote.com/ , he was ready in like 15 minutes , with a 6hp suzuki on it.

Do you know this brand ?

Pascal

Stay away from that horrible & flimsy origami Porta Crap boat proyect, boat rocks sideways and undulates under deck as hell in just coastal waters. Just good for tranquile waters, ponds, pools, add soil and plant whatever you like on it, will look amazing in your garden.

Happy Boating

ronaldj

Thanks for the Apex information. I will look at there 12 foot Collapsible RIB

JohnnyRudeClassics

Petty Officer 3rd Class
looks like you are headed in the right direction @ronaldj,
anything much less than 350 / 365 class and the handling
in way too squirrely for me, not to mention too small to
do anything practical with.

10 foot / 300 class and less only seem good as a yacht tender
in the very protect waters of a well sheltered harbor...

...that is unless you are really up for some fool-hardy adventures...

i.e. in the end it always comes down to a personal choice,
the above statements are just my opinion based on my personal
experiences, fears, and irrationality

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Personally wouldn't sacrifice ease of assembly vrs deck room. 350 sib against just a 305 rib is not in my mind nor would recommend unless only used as a tender in sheltered waters. A 350 sib will take larger HP engine to those foldable transom 305 ribs. Deck space is vital as you already know that.

Happy Boating