FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Hi,<br /><br />I am looking for an epoxy of some sort to repair my keel. I can see the metal in one spot, and want to cover this back up with ....?<br /><br />Thanks,<br />Ronald
It is a crownline 250CR. It has a chip of the keel of about the size of a quarter. I intend to fix it and add a keel guard. Would Marine Tex work for that?
Thats what I did.. I had beaching scars on good portion of my keel. I built it up with the Marinetex and applied the shield.. Looks great.<br /><br />I sometimes get chips that are very small from various hits. I use Marinetex to fill them. It forms very hard and is waterproof.