FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Most kayaks have deck lines around the perimeter. They are usually fairly snug, without a lot of slack. They can be handy if you come out of the boat and need to hold on to it or if you are trying to drag yourself back into it or flip the boat back upright. Have fun.
I'm thinking those are either righting lines to aid in flipping it back over or rigging lines to tie down gear to keep it with the boat when you inevitably flip it. You're gonna flip it. Guaranteed. No way I'd get rid of them, handy for both.
thank you everyone! Guess I'll tighten them up and keep them in. I am kind of afraid of flipping, lol. That's why I got the one that's 42 inches wide, lol.