Kawasski Ultra 130

Private Nemo

Seaman
Hi,

I have 2002 Kawasaki Ultra 130. Problem I am having is when you mash the throttle all the way , it stalls to idle speed. Let off the throttle just a little, it takes off. New plugs , new TPS, compression great. Cant figure it out. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Drew

sixfigures

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Kawasski Ultra 130

Just curious if you apply the throttle slowly all the way to w o t does it respond correctly or when it gets to the end it also boggs down.
Have you looked at the throttle body to see if the throttle butterfly is going too far and if so can you adjust the cable to get it exactly horizontal. As a rule of thumb ANY time I have a electrical issue I go to the ground wires first as they usually give the most trouble and that can change the resistance values for the computer, causing all sorts of malfunctions. Next is the pin conectors to see if those are dirty .

Private Nemo

Seaman

Hi,
Thank you for the response. Yes , I check the throttles , they line up perfectly. I also did check all the grounds , all look good. The ski runs perfect all the way up to wot. It bogs at the last tiny bit of the throttle . Anything below wot, runs perfect. It has stump me for awhile now.

Drew

sixfigures

Petty Officer 2nd Class

does it hit it's regular top speed? and R P M or is it bogging down? An exhaust hose leak can rob top end . Had several experiences with that, once on a sea doo and once on a yamaha. all it takes is gases to leak into the hull to kill top end performance due to lack of oxygen, there is usually water getting in the hull also since that leaks out with the fumes.

Private Nemo

Seaman

No it does not reach top speed. But it does response perfectly, except for the last tiny little bit of throttle. Ski performes perfectly , then last tiny bit of throttle bogs down.

sixfigures

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I did have an experience with a ultra 250 that would do that , I located a loose air intake tube that was choking out the air flow.
I have no idea what air system the ski you have uses. Just see if anything went in to your air intake box if you even have one, something could be choking off the air flow to the throttle body , air intake systems are basically a vacuum cleaner and any paper or loose items could get sucked in and choke the engine It's worth checking .

jbetzelb

Petty Officer 1st Class

The above two posts fit with my thoughts. Something like the ski is sensing a lean condition at wot so it shuts you back to idle to protect from burning a piston for example. Is there any type of governer on that ski?

Private Nemo

Seaman

No governor that I know of . It is a DI motor. Three cylinder, fuel injected, computer controlled. The computer was rebuilt a couple of years ago. I sent it back to be check when this problem started, they said it was perfect.

sixfigures

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Pull the caps off the end of the plug wires, then pull on the internal core of the wires and see if they pull out, Kawasaki has a history of bad plug wire cores, the warmer the engine gets the crappier it runs if the wires are bad.