Kawasaki plug wires?

fourwinnsdook

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 98 sts 750, and i heard that kawi plug wires are junk. Where do i get better ones? make them? Where do i get the new connectors that connect to the coils?

Rob454

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Kawasaki plug wires?

The coils and plugs are epoxied. Who told you the wires are junk? theire full of crap. usually what happens the ends where the plug boots go deteriorate after a long time of use and loose contact. all you need to do is snip off abotu 1.4 inch and then rescrew the plug cap back on.

also the plug wires for jet skis are NOT like car plug wires. the jet skis have a stranded metal core and cars have a carbon core. you can replace the plug wires with plug wires that have a metal core . you need to remove the old wire from the coil and then put the new wire in and epoxy it. unless the wire broke somewhere where even by cutting it it still wont reach the plug i woudl jsut go get another coil.

Rob

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Kawasaki plug wires?

well I have a post on pwc weekly about removing the wires from molded coils and replacing them and how to make a tool to do this. but first remove the plug cap from the wire and pull a little on the core wires , if they don't pull out or if they seem to be ok just do what he said and trim off the end a little, use silicon spray so the cap screws on easily