K- 9 Driver in the boat

DCHOPPERZ1

Cadet
I gotta good one. I was gonna go out for a run one day in my 15 ft aluminum with a 72 50 hp elect shift. I put the boat in the water and fired it up to let it warm up. Put my dog in the boat. Large black lab.Loves the water. Pulled the truck out to park and started walking to the pier. To my suprise the boat was in reverse and slowly going back. Yes it was tied up. It actually broke the little cleat screw that they have for mooring ropes right off the pier. Oh my god i thought. What to do.Well luckily a nice person saw my situation and picked me up in his boat and we chased the runaway boat.I jumped on and took control.Then had a good laugh. Just beware of animals that like to jump around in an old boat with a push button shift. I swear i never taught him how to shift it.

Kiekhaeferscurse

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: K- 9 Driver in the boat

Thats it, I'm keeping MY DOG & MY WIFE..outta the boat, I suppose the lab wanted a treat for backing the boat up for you??

D

DJ

A good reason to keep the window locks on in the car when the dog is in there. <br /><br />Ever seen a dog run the window up under their neck? :eek:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

If my dog ever did that to me, I'd make her go fishing by herself next time. Let's see her try to launch the boat! :D <br />Same goes with my wifey.

Triton II

Commander

Just when you need a video camera... there's not one around! Glad all went OK in the end. :)

NYMINUTE

Captain

My lab resents the implication that Labs are boat thieves. Further she is offended and filing a class action suit in Supreme Court, seeking punitive damages, pain and suffering. She only steals cat food, and occasionally pizza.

salty87

Commander

teach him to put it on the trailer and i'll send you my dog for some training too!

ED21

Master Chief Petty Officer

My sister & husband were water skiing w/ their black lab aboard.<br />The dog would actually bark when my sister fell. Which wasn't that often.<br />One evening the Marine Police spotted the obvious infraction & pulled them over to give them a ticket for not having an observer.<br />Before my brother in law could say anything the cop said,"And NO, a dog doesn't count"<br />Little did he know the dog was as good an observer as anyone. :)

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Ed:<br /> ...One evening the Marine Police spotted the obvious infraction & pulled them over to give them a ticket for not having an observer.<br />Before my brother in law could say anything the cop said,"And NO, a dog doesn't count"<br />... :)
sounds like he's heard that one before. But if your BIL was blind, and the dog was an "official service animal" I think they might have to make an exception. :) :) :)

Maximerc

Petty Officer 1st Class

I always thought that the age rule of a observer might be a bit off..... when my daughter was 4 yo she screamed when daddy fell.