Just when I got back and caught up!

495v

Chief Petty Officer
Well folk's, after my trip to Minn. I fell behind and had alot of interesting reading to catch up on from this forum. All good stuff which doesn't surprise me, except a select few that I won't mention. Anyway's, I'm going down by JB's neck of the woods(Laredo, TX) and will be down there on business. Hope to catch a charter in the gulf on Fri. but I don't know. Anyway's, I guess I will have some catching up to do when I get back. Keep it interesting!!!!

Fooser

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Just when I got back and caught up!

I really enjoy this forum. It has some very interesting topics. It sure beats posting on the foosball & billiard forums.<br /><br />Derrwood cracks me up ...

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ahoy, 495!<br /><br />How was the musky fishing? Hope you had a successful trip.<br /><br />I will be leaving in a couple of weeks for LOTW for a week.<br /><br />Sad that my son's business will not allow him to go with me. He is the best traveling and fishing companion ever born.<br /><br />So, I will fish with the excellent guide we have used a few days each year for 7 or 8 years.<br /><br />Some suggest that I not go this year, but when your health is as unpredictable as mine you learn not to count on next year even coming. If you want to do it, do it now. :)

D

DJ

JB,<br /><br />Didn't realize you may be ailing.<br /><br />Cast em' far, bring em' back loaded!<br /><br />Enjoy.

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

Shounds like a worthy challnge. :cool: <br /><br />JB....tight lines bud...hope you feel like fishen. :) :) <br /><br />Their always biting somewhere. :D <br /><br />derwood. ;)

Ranger354

Petty Officer 1st Class

495v<br /><br />If you are going to Laredo I hope your shots are up to date. Whoever said the world is round has not been to Laredo. It is the edge. If you are flying in you might miss the beautiful view! :mad: <br /><br />My father and I hunted whitetails in that area for 40 years. Everything down there either bites, sticks, pricks, or scratches.<br /><br />Bring and Oxygen tank with a portable cooler also. It should be 100 deg on Friday and 90% humidity.<br /><br />But to quote a saying from the Bud Lite comercials.<br /><br />"It Ain't Dat Bad..................."<br /><br />Ranger

Ranger354

Petty Officer 1st Class

I almost forgot. There used to be a great Black Bass lake there near the airport. It is small and with our drought it might just be dry. Back in the 70's and 80's we used to catch nice stringers there.<br /><br />Lake Casa Blanca is the name.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

DJohns, Derwood.<br /><br />Don't misunderstand. I feel fine. The Docs say I'm doing well.<br /><br />It's just that I've had two critical heart attacks and a perforated ulcer(accident)in the last three years and am not counting on anything.<br /><br />I think if there is something I really want to do, I need to do it now. Next year may not come.<br /><br />Thanks for your kind thoughts. :)

ebbtide176

Commander

and that boat ride where you got thrown around and tore up your neck! i guess you gotta be pretty dam tough. so, heres to another great memory at LOTW! may you get a shot at a big fat tiger muskie of immense proportions! (if they're inhabitants there) otherwise - make that a 55" muskie! :eek:

gonfishn

Commander

Howdy JB<br /><br /> Hope your trip to LOTW is a good one. May Jaws latch onto your rig and not let go. The Deer Flies I know will be biting at this time of year. I'll be their the first week of Sept. Stay healthy and let me know how it goes.