Just purchased 1974 boat made by Invader..where can I get info on this boat comp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought a 1974 Intruder 16' fiberglass tri hull made by Invader.I'm not familiar with this name.Where can I find some info about this company and are they still in business?

Specks n Reds

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Just purchased 1974 boat made by Invader..where can I get info on this boat

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Does your boat have a Hull ID number? <br />If so, what are the first 3 letters?<br />I have found 8 different boat manufacturers registered with the USCoastGuard.<br /><br />According to USCG site, Invader MARINE OF gIDDINGS tx,is out of business<br />Their Hull ID code was MWK, then changed to ILP.<br />They were actually bought out by MOHAMMED AL SHAALI from the UNITED ARAB EMIRATES, Now in business as XVA, in Vero Beach Florida.<br /><br />QIB is out of business<br />NVD is out of business<br />NJT is out of business<br /><br />KBT IN business, located in Phoenix, started business in 1973, phone: 602 244-1450. Actual name of company, Kachina Boats.<br /><br />GWI, Keys Boats Inc, Ft Lauderdale FL, Still in business, Previously known as G W Invader, of Indiana.<br /><br />So do any of these codes match yours?

Mikedg

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Here is part of the story from Invader Boats in Canada www.invaderboats.com<br /><br />Pre-1996 Invader Boats<br /><br />The Invader boat you have or are inquiring about may not have been built by our company. <br /><br />Invader boats built by Odyssea Leisure Products, Inc. are manufactured in Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada and are not sold in the United States. Boats manufactured by us can be identified by the prefix on the serial number. Our serial numbers start with either ZKC or QOD. <br /><br />There was an American company building boats branded Invader in Giddings Texas but they went out of business in the early 90’s. We were never associated with them therefore we have no records, parts, manuals or information on boats manufactured by them. We are not aware of any other company in the United States that has parts or accessories for these boats. <br /><br />Sorry we couldn’t help but please continue to enjoy our website.<br /><br />Thank you,

Roscoe,<br /> Yes ...the first three letters are XVA.So I guess according to this info that my boat came from Florida? Built by the Arab's? You say they are still in business?<br />Thanks for info.

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class

Roscoe,<br />great info....I've got the ILP version...can you put a date on it ?<br />Frank

HollaGeo

Petty Officer 1st Class

G.W. Invader(s) were small speed boats from the 60's/70's. I don't think they had anything to do with the Invaders we have. Could I be wrong??? - YES.

bige326

Recruit

yea

Compaqp1

Seaman Apprentice

How fast were they. I have a 71 but it only does about 27.5 mph per the GPS with a 67 Johnson 60 horse on it. Can't get the engine to go over about 2300 rpm though.

RLSSCOUT

Recruit
Re: Just purchased 1974 boat made by Invader..where can I get info on this boat comp

I also (today) bought an Invader. Never heard of them either. Mine is a 1981 17 ft open bow outboard runabout with hull ID starting with XVA.
I was wondering if the company was helpful as far as manuals and or information. My fuel tank is under carpet so I would rather not rip it up but to mix the gas (it is a 2-cycle) I need to know how big the tank is so a manual would be great. Did they help?

rckyview

Cadet
Re: Just purchased 1974 boat made by Invader..where can I get info on this boat comp

RLSSCOUT;

I have a 1980 17' Invader with an inboard tank. I have found, as I'm sure lots of others have, that the most reliable way of mixing is in a jerry can, and dumping the mixed gas in.

Ol' Trusty

Recruit

roscoe: Does your boat have a Hull ID number? <br />If so, what are the first 3 letters?<br />I have found 8 different boat manufacturers registered with the USCoastGuard.<br /><br />According to USCG site, Invader MARINE OF gIDDINGS tx,is out of business<br />Their Hull ID code was MWK

I just bought my brothers 1987 Invader and would love to get my hands on a manual...According to my ID code of MWK it looks like the company has gone outta business

Is there any other means of getting a manual?

copperdog

Cadet

Roscoe ,You certainly know your boats.

Last edited:

Mongo

Cadet

Well, my family purchased an Invader 16 ft tri-hull ski boat in 1973 and I still own it. I also have the original dealer brochure from that year and a bit of other stuff. When I go to the lake over the next month, I will gather up all the material and scan it and make it available here. And I'll verify the prefix code on the boat itself. This boat is I believe from the Giddings plant - that's where boats called Invader came from in that era. They have a black emblem which looks a bit like a crown - flat on bottom with 3 rounded peaks.

Our boat has been only used on the same lake for 36 yrs, on a boat lift, constantly covered when not in use and generally shaded otherwise. It's as close to perfect condition as a 36 yr old boat can be. One small seat vinyl separation and a nick in the original pebbly vinyl floor covering. And the usual bumps and such on the exterior hull.

My uncle's family owned the 19 ft inboard version of the Invader, I believe from the following year, but maybe 1973 also. It was sold more than 10 yrs ago.

We've been very happy with the boat over the years. We ordered it with the 85 hp Mercury outboard - called the model 850. The motor has had the usual problems with gas needing carb rebuilds a few times, but is still running fine. In response to a question here or in another thread about similar motors and performance, our 1973 85 Merc would move this lightweight boat along at close to 35 mph on its best days with the right prop, turning just over 5000 rpm. I'm looking to have one of its two props rebuilt soon and just spent about $1000 getting the motor running again, including a new interior wiring harness, sigh. It ran about 31 mph, showing on the original speedo, last weekend.

I'm going to be cleaning up the boat this weekend and putting a shine on it, so I'll take some photos. Ours is the bright green, I believe called Neon Green by Invader. These boats were available in several standard colors, varying by models, and also a few metal flake versions. (I read over the brochure a few weeks ago.) The Invader line brochure includes specs on the entire line, including colors, length, etc.. and I believe there's a chart with detailed info such as max hp rating, weight and more. This info should be useful to owners from nearby year boats.

Hope the info I've presented here helps some and I'll be posting more later.

Oh, if anyone can refer me to a thread concerning any advantages with registering a boat as a "antique" or "classic" in Texas I would appreciate it. I was thinking such a designation might help if the boat was ever damaged or stolen, when dealing with the insurance company, or it just might increase my rates!

Texmill

Cadet

I have a 1969 Invader I bought on eBay a few years ago. Was really in bad shape, but I'm close to completing it. I would be interested in seeing the documentation to see what it looked like originally.

I saw these boats when I was a teenager and fishing out of a jon boat and said I'd always like to have one, now 40 years later I have one.

txbwj

Recruit

I myself just acquired a 1969 Invader, 15 ft tri-hull, model #69, ID# 2657 and would like information and pics on this boat. I know nothing about this model and will have to do some cosmetic work on the seating and deck and wish to know what the original looked like. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks these are the only numbers on the boat that I can find, and the ID is off of the title and registration. It came with an evenrude outboard motor.

ClassyGlassy

Petty Officer 1st Class

hey guys.....looks like there's been a few guys making promises with getting information and then NEVER returning!

I have a 1972 Invader SC15 with a '73 Evinrude 65hp that came with the boat. I have the original owner's manual for the Evinrude but not for the Invader. It has the Black Invader symbols and the original serial number/identification plate states that it's a Model SC15, Max 80hp, and S/N 9134.

I have no "letter" prefix on my hull number......stamped in the hull starboard side aft in the corner: 242 282 9134

TheFilthyOar

Recruit

Ok so I, too, have just purchased a 1974 Invader. But my boat is 18 ft. in length and the first 3 letters of the serial number start with XVZ. Is that pretty much the same as XVA? I would like to find out as much information about fixing up the boat as possible. This is my first boat that I have ever bought and is definitely a project. Any help would be greatly appreicated.

David

ClassyGlassy

Petty Officer 1st Class

I'm not getting anywhere with the old boat dealers that were around back then on these Invaders now either....looks like we may have a lost cause!

Status
Not open for further replies.