Just got a free boat & want to start fixin' it.

dmfox66

Recruit
I just got a 15' 1970 V-Hull from a guy and the hull is in good shape but the deck needed to be replaced. I have it 80% ripped out and the supports are also in need of replacement. The registration papers have the manufacturer listed as CMF. Any ideas about it? I have heard it was a company out of Charleston, SC. This is not going to be a rush-project...I predict that I will tinker around with it for a year or so. Any help will be appreciated. Pictures to be posted soon.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Just got a free boat & want to start fixin' it.

Welcome to iboats.

I have no idea who the company could be and based on the age of the hull...... the USCG MIC codes were NOT in effect. It pre-dates the system :(

Take your time, take lot's of photos and read through the restoration section. Become familiar with the search function. Look at the completed project section and you will see many levels of restoration.

You are only limited by your ambition and budget on the way the boat turns out.

What do you have to power that boat?

Once again welcome! You will find many experienced people here that are willing to lend their advice.

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: Just got a free boat & want to start fixin' it.

Welcome to iBoats!!!

Are we talking Tin or Glass?? What size of Motor? Pics are ALWAYS a big help. Check out my signature line for an easy method for posting your pics. NOTE: You should resize your pics to 640 x 480 as the iBoats server no longer does that for you.

I'm just sayin...:D