Just Curious

Dm82

Seaman Apprentice
So I was just wondering if there were any of you fellow MFG'ers here or near the Cleveland Ohio area. Just wondering. If not what body of water do you put your boat in on?

woosterken

Lieutenant
Re: Just Curious

Dm,
welcome!! Iam down in wooster and take mine to Portage lakes most of the time.just like to putz along and drown a few worms! lol
every once in a while over to plesant hills lake in ashland
here is my toy '74 gypsy I/O 17'3"loa

IM000075.jpg

woosterken

Dm82

Seaman Apprentice

:Hey WoosterKen:

You ever make it up to lake erie. Im in cleveland and I put in on the lake at edgewater park (when its running HAHA). That is when the lake is laying down pretty nicely too

woosterken

Lieutenant

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
don't have the ba*** um back bone to put it in erie LOL
I guess it is just me though,my first boat was a 14'er and the guy was a regular at put in bay marina with it!!!!!!!
I think that is a LOT of water between dry spots for a 14'er

woosterken

a70eliminator

Captain

I take my 67 16' MFG on Erie, 4 footers aren't a problem but my body can't take more than a couple hours of it. Usually I wait it out till the lake calms to 3 feet or less. I've been out as far as my fuel supply will let me go on the 1/3 2/3rds system.
My have fun on lake is West Branch mainly because I live within 5 miles of it.
Berlin isn't bad but my boat gets mudded out, I hate berlin mud.
Portage lakes is ok but my old sportfour loads up idling around too much, I've only been there once.
I guess West Branch is my favorite, and unlimited HP too, not that i have to worry about that but I like to watch the speedboats go.

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant

I take my 67 16' MFG on Erie, 4 footers aren't a problem but my body can't take more than a couple hours of it. Usually I wait it out till the lake calms to 3 feet or less....

Yikes! I am not nearby Erie but I am with woosterken... Champlain is the big lake up here and when you get four-footers they are so steep and close together I'd rather not be out in something under 20'

Maybe Erie is wide enough the waves aren't stacked so close, but I avoid Champlain in my 14'er unless it is flat.