Just bought my first Wellcraft

Bowyer

Cadet
We just bought our first Wellcraft boat it is a 1991, 197 Eclipse with a 4.3lt V6. It seems to be in good shape we ran it etc. before we bought it but was unable to do an in water test run. We are looking forwards to many hours of fun on the water.<br />Anything I should look out for on this boat? :cool:

f_inscreenname

Commander
Re: Just bought my first Wellcraft

Everything on the first few rides. Start them off as short ride and then look everything over real good before you take off again.

f_inscreenname

Commander

Everything on the first few rides. Start them off as short ride and then look everything over real good before you take off again.

CAPTAINMATT

Recruit

Check the floor.I had a 95 197 Eclipse also steering cabel+Shifter was to close to the Wheel.Try to relocate the Shifter back or you hand pinches between them.

rob935

Petty Officer 2nd Class

just keep a close eye and ear on everything for the first few trips, watch the temp guage for any signs of overheating at high revs or even at the dock at low revs after a good run, simple problems to fix if detected early .

Bowyer

Cadet

Thanks for the replys I took the boat out today for the first time everything ran just fine. I set the trim all the way down and off we went it seems to nose up too much till it gets up on plane, what should I adjust the trim to before I start off?