Just bought a boat, what is it?

So I spent all winter repairing a boat I purchased off Craigslist. Paid 600$ for everything you see in the pics (boat,motor, trailer). Good buy? I just went through the entire motor (40hp Evinrude) 120psi compression, everything is perfect, except I am currently resealing the lower gear housing. No other issues starts and runs just fine. However I have no clue of the manufacture. There is a badge that says Seabreeze on both sides, but a Google search brings up a million different things. Any help would be appreciated. Included is a logo on the steering wheel. Oh and any thoughts on if I overspent for this tool around boat?
boat1.jpg
boat.jpg
boat3.jpg
boat4.jpg

agallant80

Commander
Re: Just bought a boat, what is it?

Its a paper weight if you don't have the proper paper work to register it. As for $600 I don't think so. If you got some entertainment out of it and it works thats not a bad price.

southkogs

Staff member

Probably a SeaBreeze. See HERE. Look through the mid-60's images and see if you can match it up.

Welcome aboard.

Its a paper weight if you don't have the proper paper work to register it. As for $600 I don't think so. If you got some entertainment out of it and it works thats not a bad price.

Bill of sale and signed registration in hand. That is all Michigan needs.

briangcc

Commander

Umm...did you not receive registration or title when you bought the boat & trailer? If not, I hate to echo the doom and gloom above but you may very well be in for a rough ride trying to get the boat on the water.

Reason I'm asking this question, and you made me pull my boat registration to confirm it, the manufacturer IS listed on it (or at least that's the case in NY). Granted, it doesn't give the model number but it does list Manufacturer, HID, and year.

If you have all that in place and a working motor, then $600 plus your time in spiffing it up isn't bad at all. I'm sure if you post your HID that someone can come along and help you decipher it.

Probably a SeaBreeze. See HERE. Look through the mid-60's images and see if you can match it up.

Welcome aboard.
Interesting! Yep it looks like Lyncraft is the manufacture. But the 1800 is bigger than mine and the 1500 interior is too basic ...

Umm...did you not receive registration or title when you bought the boat & trailer? If not, I hate to echo the doom and gloom above but you may very well be in for a rough ride trying to get the boat on the water.

Reason I'm asking this question, and you made me pull my boat registration to confirm it, the manufacturer IS listed on it (or at least that's the case in NY). Granted, it doesn't give the model number but it does list Manufacturer, HID, and year.

If you have all that in place and a working motor, then $600 plus your time in spiffing it up isn't bad at all. I'm sure if you post your HID that someone can come along and help you decipher it.
For Michigan trailer is no problem, I just registered a trailer here with just a bill of sale. I just had to get it weighed, and pay the state of Michigan.

As for the boat. The registration card has a hull ID number on it. It says seabreeze, but does not even mention Manufacture anywhere on the card. The back of the card has a place for previous owner to sign and it is signed. the back of the card says "Upon sale of this vessel, snowmobile, or moped this registration (and title, if issued) must be signed and given to the new owner."

I can argue it's just like my 70's snowmobile. They didn't give titles for them back then!

thumpar

Admiral

What are the first 3 characters of the HIN?

As for paperwork, even with nothing it can be done. I know someone that bought a Mastercraft from a tweeker for a good deal. It was a legit boat but the seller was so into the drugs he didn't have any paperwork on the boat. The guy I know was able to somehow run it through Georgia to get it titled in Washington. I don't know the full details but know that he got it fully titled in his name.

what are the first 3 characters of the hin?

As for paperwork, even with nothing it can be done. I know someone that bought a mastercraft from a tweeker for a good deal. It was a legit boat but the seller was so into the drugs he didn't have any paperwork on the boat. The guy i know was able to somehow run it through georgia to get it titled in washington. I don't know the full details but know that he got it fully titled in his name.
hin: 416

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

In Michigan some boat do not have tittles same with snowmobiles, trailers and such, yet other do. My 96 Spectrum doesn't have a title, the registration is the title. Every state is different for sure.

briangcc

Commander

As for the boat. The registration card has a hull ID number on it. It says seabreeze, but does not even mention Manufacture anywhere on the card. The back of the card has a place for previous owner to sign and it is signed. the back of the card says "Upon sale of this vessel, snowmobile, or moped this registration (and title, if issued) must be signed and given to the new owner."

Then it's a Seabreeze as that would be the manufacturer, not the model. The boat registration you have IS the title, is simply transferable ;) My'99 Bayliner was that way, my FourWinns has a separate title for both the boat and trailer - I'm guessing its based off length for the boat whether it has a title or not in NYS.

thumpar

Admiral

In some states a title is not needed others are size and still others make it optional and you have to ask if you want one.

samm835

Chief Petty Officer

I love that style of boat, closed bow with an outboard. I personally think you got a hell of a deal on it. I mean those boat didn't have to much to screw up....other than the motor. If you have the motor working and trailer pulls fine I bet you make money if you decide to sell at some point. A good wax maybe different set of seats inside....and radio to enjoy when in a local cove. I say nice find, and enjoy that boat. The registration is easy, you have all you need Bill of Sale, owner signed Registration card. Here is the old one we used to have...semi close to yours.

Attachments

• Old Boat.jpg
    Old Boat.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

LilRedNeckGirl

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Had the same delema...Found a nice little 16 foot center console with a 60 hp 2 cyl, 2 stroke Mariner, setting on a shorelander trailer. Bought it for less then the annual storage costs on the big boat I recently sold. . the title said "Warrior", but no hin/hull number, no name on it, nothing stamped in the hull , no plates, decals or logo's... . So, online I was, looking, pondering, searching, contacting boat manufacturers....
Then I hit on the coast guard registry, finding there were over a dozen boat manufacturers that used, in whole or part, "Warrior" in their brand name. Add to that the number of model names from different manufactures that used "Warrior". { Remember, back pre 1970 ish, the dealer filled out the bill of sale, and the boat was regestered from that.... Back when, titles and vin numbers were hit & miss. some had them, some didnt, especialy in the smaller boats.** That spanned decades, and most of those boat builders were now long gone.
Then the apithiny.... I bought it because I liked the boat, not the name it carried. Who cares if its a warrior elete, or a sea warrior? Its what I liked. I didnt buy the name, I bought the boat.
Here in Va. its a title that matters, and my boat has one, so its all good. the Warrior name is for Richmond Va to worry about, my concern is only that I have a boat I like, and its on the water where it is designed to be.