Junk Snail Mail

NYMINUTE

Captain
I have been hammered with junk mail daily for quite a while. Read a great piece about handling it effectively. When ever one is received with a postage paid return envelope, tear up the paper, remove references to your name and address etc, seal and mail back. Now they pay twice for this promo. I took it a bit further and do a mix and match. I send different trash to all of them at the end of the week. I can't help but feel I am helping the US Post Office employees keep their jobs, the Sanitation Crews, Shredder makers, and the junk mail senders employees busy. Often I like to add little treats like Anti-Seize, grape jam, or a mini marshmellow (squeezed firmly).<br />Little things like this keep me grinning. How do you handle J :D unk Mail

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: Junk Snail Mail

I usually just throw it away, but I think I will have to reconsider after reading this!

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I do like NYM does. I send credit card offers out to them that I have recieved and "gift" offers to the credit card companies.

spratt

Lieutenant

NY, you have given me some great food for thought!!!<br /><br />One friend of mine has a home business, so when he gets that junk, it all goes through his shredder, then used as packing material for his products he ships out!!<br /><br />But I like yours soooooooooooooooooo much better :cool: :D

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have a large cardboard carton kept by the front door - that's as far as the stuff gets into my house - my snail mail spam filter. :D It's amazing how much of the stuff we get these days...such a waste of trees... :rolleyes: <br /><br />NYMinute - yours is a great idea. BTW was your screen name inspired by the Eagles song ? (they did a superb version of it on their live DVD "Hell Freezes Over").<br /><br />self edit: I originally said CD but meant DVD. Sangerwaker - Yes I think it's the best music DVD I've seen so far. Fantastic sound and overall performance - would be great to see live.

sangerwaker

Commander

Right on Kiwi! That whole CD rocks! I have heard the DVD is even better. I haven't seen it yet. Supposed to have awesome sound.

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

All mine goes back + anything else I can fit in the envelopes. Kinda like prepaid trash collection. :D :D

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

This is a GREAT idea! Thanks, NY!

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

NYMINUTE...how come your post time is 5:50pm<br />it's 5:18 here

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by Chief 101:<br /> All mine goes back + anything else I can fit in the envelopes. Kinda like prepaid trash collection. :D :D
I favor small carded items like superglue cards. They stiffen the envelope, and add costly weight to the parcel. Anything I can do to further burden them financially is rewarding. :cool:

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by fixin:<br /> NYMINUTE...how come your post time is 5:50pm<br />it's 5:18 here
Now my secret is out. Where did you think the screen name came from. Ha I wish I was that fast

Twidget

Commander

Junk mail actually allowed me to get even with the post office once. I had a problem getting the mailman to pick up my bills. I tried to complain and was told that unless I had incoming mail, he didnt have to pick mine up, even though he walked through my front yard within 10 feet of the box. I decided the answer was to get on every junk list I could find so that the two days a week that I needed my bills picked up he would do it. About six months later, he was whining to me about all the junk mail I was getting, I reminded him that he refused to pick my stuff up unless he had something to drop off. Such language they teach them at the post office. :D

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Today I got junkmail without the envelope, but it did have a postcard so I stapled some trash on and posted it, I hope they deliver it. :D

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

It all goes in the wood stove. Thanks to them I get to start my morning fire for free. Cool!<br />Bassy