Judge Rules

Fly Rod

Commander
Federal Judge rules that feeding tube "WILL NOT" be reinserted!!!!!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Judge Rules

AP: Federal judge refuses to order reinsertion of Terri Schiavo's feeding tube -

Ralph 123

Captain

The ruling is narrow. Based on a 2hr hearing he concluded they didn't show they have a substantial likelihood of ultimately prevailing. It's like most of the reviews thus far. No one looks at the facts just. They just rubber stamp their fellow judges previous rulings.<br /><br />On they go to the 11th circuit in Atlanta while the clock ticks away.

NYMINUTE

Captain

This whole issue is tormenting. Living wills have no relevency anymore, or if they ever did.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> This whole issue is tormenting. Living wills have no relevency anymore, or if they ever did.
That's what it looks like NYM. Not worth anything I guess. The government don't want you to die. That way they can keep getting taxes from you.<br /><br />Now that's an interesting thought.<br />"Yea, we can get atleast 5 more years of taxes from him, don't unplug nothing" :rolleyes:

Ralph 123

Captain

She had no living will. That's the whole point. If she had, you wouldn't even know about this case.<br /><br />There was a nurse just on Fox who treated Terri for years - according to her, Terri could say words, eat, etc. Until the husband stopped all therapy and got 2 nurses fired for feeding her. She also claimed he tried to kill her with insulin and took her evidence to the police at the time. Problem is, no one cares when you're that sick.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by Ralph:<br /> She had no living will. That's the whole point. If she had, you wouldn't even know about this case.
DITTO.<br /><br />I heard part of the nurse's interview too. Very interesting indeed.<br /><br />I wonder if the bimbo with Schiavo's two bast... I mean illegitimate kids is paying any attention.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Good point KG, it could be her next, who knows, or maybe him.<br />Wonder if he has told anyone his wishes?<br />Better not leave it up to Terri's parents. :eek:

Ralph 123

Captain

I bet she has a living will KaGee! I bet it says, "keep him away from me!"<br /><br />It just occurred to me. Why not put all the facts in front of 12 citizens and let them decide? We do that for all condemned criminals, why not for an innocent person like Terri? Why does 1 demi-god in a black robe get to decide?

Fly Rod

Commander

:) I wouldn't believe that nurse that was fired until she takes a "Lie Detector" test!!!!<br /><br />I'd bet that if you or I went to a news station and gave them a bull---- story about knowing about this case, they would have you and I on TV!!!!! ;) :cool:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Hey FR, wonder what the National Enquirer would pay for a "Story"?

Ralph 123

Captain

FR - they have her affidavit which was filed in 2003, plus her contemporaneous police report - this isn't a new accusation. <br /><br />Even so, given the stakes, shouldn't it be investigated along with the bone scans that show broken bones, back, evidence of strangulation, etc, that were found healing about a year after he collapse? <br /><br />None of this was never investigated because the local DA, who said there is evidence of attempted murder, said the statute of limitations were up. This is all out there and it's why so many people are fighting for her life.<br /><br />Let her have a jury trial like any condemned person and let 12 of her peers decide her fate. Let's give her the same rights we give serial killers and sexual predators. Can any fair minded person be against that?

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Maybe I'm missing something here Ralph!!!<br />Wasn't this nurse around Terri in the early nineties!!!! And if so, she comes forward 10 years or so later!!!! ;) :cool:

Ralph 123

Captain

I didn't catch the time line but they have her police report which was filed at the time.<br /><br />Don't you think before someone is starved to death these things should be investigated? What's the rush? <br /><br />Why not let 12 of us decide just like we would before we'd Kill the BTK killer or John Couey (the guy that just killed the little girl in FL)or the wacko that just killed all the people down in Atlanta? Why do they get a jury and not her?<br /><br />Last night Dr Hammesfahr, a Nobel prize nominated physician in this area said, based on his 10 hr examination she is not PVS. She can recover somewhat with proper treatment. The Judge simply ignored him.

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class

This thing has been thru so many courts and hearings where a decision was based on the facts presented by both sides I don't see how anyone can make a new decision based on TV news,talkshows etc.Let her Go. dave :(

Ralph 123

Captain

Dave, that is a myth. 1 judge ruled on it twice. All the other judges just ruled that he didn't make any mistakes in the law.

Bondo

Staff member

This is getting to be like the Liberals in an Election.............<br /><br />Drag the case in front of Enough Judges,+ Eventually 1 of them will Finally rule the way you Want.................<br />Maybe.....<br /><br />The names have changed, But,.. the tactics are the Same..............<br />This has been Dragged thru the Court System for 15 Years............. Give It Up.......

Ralph 123

Captain

So Bondo, in your world we should allow murderers to have a lawyer and a trial by jury but not innocent people who a judge wants starved to death? Nice!<br /><br />15 Years is meaningless. Only 1 judge has ruled on the facts of the case. The rest have been reviews of procedure and law not of the facts.<br /><br />I've been called many things but never a liberal. In case you haven't noticed, by the way, the Libs want her dead. If she were a convicted murderer they would be fighting to keep her alive.<br /><br />When I see a travesty of justice about to be committed, a person put to death on the say-so of one judge I get riled up. Good people fight for the innocent and helpless. <br /><br />Who ya gonna believe a demi-god in a black robe or your own lying eyes?<br /><br />Who ya gonna believe all her blood relatives or her husband who might have had something to do with putting her there in the first place?<br /><br />Who ya gonna believe a Nobel Prize nominated expert physician in this area who examined her for 10 hrs and says she's not PVS or a Neurologist who calls himself Doctor Death?<br /><br />She's brain damaged, by all means let's starve her to death even though you'd go to jail for doing that to a rodent. But hey, she's a vegetable. Who cares? Me.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by Ralph:<br /> <br />Let her have a jury trial like any condemned person and let 12 of her peers decide her fate. Let's give her the same rights we give serial killers and sexual predators. Can any fair minded person be against that?
I have to agree with this myself.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

I'm fair-minded and IT AIN'T ANY OF OUR DAMN BIZNESS! She's one of thousands in this situation and we aren't hearing any Repugnantcans calling special sessions for them. Why? Because they aren't in the News. Should we give all of those thousands Jury Trials that they can't even participate in? Lunacy!