JTexas

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
Re: JTexas

fatpratt, I got one tip on CC: Don's Port Marina (first cove north of the spillway) is a great place for lunch, but they overcook the shrimp in the shrimp po-boy, so I recommend the cheeseburger. :D The ramp ain't too user-friendly there, but it's a good mid-lake launch point.<br /><br />My CC experience is limited to catching sandies & hybrids on the main lake humps & points so I can't be of much help far as bass go, but there's plenty of creeks & coves on that lake. Bass oughta be staging, maybe even find some early birds on beds already. My guess is you'll find the warmest water up on the North end of the lake. That lake gets a lot of pressure, doubt if it has any secrets left.<br /><br />What fishfinder you using now? Check out this thread on the iboats electronics forum.<br /><br />If you tell her this I'll deny it, but I blame quite a bit of fishing gear on "boat repair," "necessary safety equipment," yada yada yada. You get the Bass Pro circular Sunday? Let's see...I need a digital scale, a new spare rim for the trailer and an ultra-light spinning rod for starters....<br /><br />Lewis, I'm convinced there are no fish at all in Joe Pool lake; I won't even go there anymore except to lake-test a boat repair or take the family tubing. I haven't been on Tawakoni; you catching any stripers down there?<br /><br />I only had my boat a year and a half, and what has made the most difference for me between just fishing and actually catching fish is www.texasfishingforum.com I highly recommend it.<br /><br />A 15mph north wind on CC can produce huge waves. I'm thinking Denton Creek again this weekend - those sandies have got to be running up in there to spawn and you know it will be non-stop action if we can find 'em. Only thing is, I don't know Grapevine Lake at all, so if we decide to hit the main lake we'll be starting from scratch. I've invited my nephew age 8, my boat don't fish 3 very well, but come on anyway, let's take two boats. Maybe try to launch around 7?

LewisW96

Seaman Apprentice

JTexas shoot me a Email and maybe we can meet up in Arlington and leave together. Just so I don't get lost.<br /><br />LewisW96@comcast.net<br /><br />Lewis

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Check this out: Lewisville hybrid <br /><br />and here's the latest from Denton Creek (posted this morning):<br />
<br />The creek is smoking right now. Went yesterday and took a very picky limit home. Caught about 60 - 70 total, and only kept 25 large ones.<br />
Lewis, you have mail.<br /><br />john